Forums

Betrayal at Falador - reviews Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-35-61865390

Virtue Power

Virtue Power

Posts: 1,126 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Betrayal at Falador is a Fantasy novel written by T.S Church and set in the lands of Runescape. For those curious, this is the first of three novels written about Runescape, the other two being Return to Canifis and Legacy of Blood.

When I first heard of this book I never thought much of it, but I heard some good things and it just caught my interest.

Last month, I ordered the paper back and delved into what would be my first true experience of the lore of Runescape. The book was very interesting, so much so that I read about 200 pages the first day and finished the book on the second! It was almost impossible to put the book down.

The characters were likeable and the adventurers were very interesting. The plot was engaging and seemed very well thought out with twists to the story that would surprise even the most experienced readers. But perhaps my most favourite thing about the book was that it brought a new experience of Runescape to me and the excellent descriptive language made me think back to my noob days when I had first discovered new areas, items, monsters, characters, and so much more.

(To be continued below)
<< A warrior's soul is forged in the crucible of honour and strength >>

@xxxx{<><><><><><><><><><>

02-Nov-2015 18:04:40 - Last edited on 02-Nov-2015 18:08:04 by Virtue Power

Virtue Power

Virtue Power

Posts: 1,126 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The story breathes life into many of Runescape's characters and makes them very likeable people with unique personalities. Characters such as Doric, the lonely Dwarven smith living on the outskirts of Falador, are likeable and places like Falador and Taverly have rich environments that makes each unique and instils a beautiful image in your mind that contrasts greatly to plain looking style presented in the game itself.

The only things that I found disappointing were the final battle and Some of the characters seemed to not be fully developed (some more character building was needed.) The final battle seemed like it was forever long and caused me to get lost on occasion.

Also, I felt that some of the main characters wern't fully developed and Zamorak's attempt to turn Kara to the Dark Side came off as unconvincing to me. I think more time was needed developing a few more characters and less time spent on the final battle, which seemed to drag on at times.

Overall, Betrayal at Falador is an excellent book which is well written (especially for a first time novelist) and the story captivates the reader, never letting go. If you are a Runescape player or just enjoy reading Fantasy books, this novel is a must read. This is also a great starter book in the Fantasy Genre. To order the book, I recommend using Amazon because it only takes a few days to arrive or just see if it's available at your local bookstore/library.
<< A warrior's soul is forged in the crucible of honour and strength >>

@xxxx{<><><><><><><><><><>

02-Nov-2015 18:07:30 - Last edited on 02-Nov-2015 18:09:01 by Virtue Power

Mod Kalaya

Mod Kalaya

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Virtue Power - posting on a thread which hasn't been posted on for ~2 years is gravebumping, and is not allowed. The discussion here has been finished, and bringing this thread to the front is pushing other threads out.

Locked up.
Mod Kalaya |
Zarosian
Product Manager | @JagexKalaya

05-Nov-2015 11:36:22

Quick find code: 254-255-35-61865390 Back to Top