Forums

Golden Joystick Awards Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-294-65172378

Aphro120
Dec Member 2023

Aphro120

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex is awsome because they made RuneScape and if you hate them so much why dont you quit the game or make it a better community. Most of us have been here since the beginning and the community was so nice back then and it would be nice to recreate all that fun and friendlyness that there was many years ago. The stuff you dont like about the updates they make you can just avoid like the EoC if you didn't like it you could just use momentum or not fight things and make a living off of skilling. I hope that people will read this and that they agree with me.

love,

Aphro120 :D

01-Mar-2014 17:36:14

Fractalman

Fractalman

Posts: 1,613 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aphro120 said :
[snip*. The stuff you dont like about the updates they make you can just avoid like the EoC if you didn't like it you could just use momentum[snip]

fact: one Cannot avoid EoC in rs3.

Eoc has touched every aspect of combat. Armor stats. Abilities (and momentum is currently worthless). Possibly the way hit chance is calculated behind the scenes. Food healing based on constitution. 4 digits of hp rather than just 2 or 3.

Skilling is affected indirectly via the impacts on the prices of various items.

Whether good or bad, one cannot play rs3 and avoid eoc.

Similarly, one cannot entirely avoid pay2win due to its effects on economy.

Not even rs2 is entirely exempt, though the effects are highly diluted: there is a noticeable economy for exchanging rs3 gold for rs2 gold.
buy bond in rs3, sell for gold, buy rs2 gold...

I do not believe jagex is worthy of the next golden joystick award. they are moving towards far, FAR too much pay 2 win, and their "power to the players" speeches seem empty to my eyes.

Though...I will not destroy the golden hammer from years ago.

Jagex of old earned that one fair and square.

They just don't deserve another at the moment.

03-Mar-2014 05:17:49 - Last edited on 03-Mar-2014 05:18:07 by Fractalman

Fractalman

Fractalman

Posts: 1,613 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Besides. We ARE trying to make the place better.
But unless jagex starts to ACTUALLY LISTEN, the only thing a non-jagex member can do...is make a private server and reprogram it themselves, which is technically illegal.

P.S. if we can vote for the oldschool runescape seperate from rs3, i WILL vote for it next time.

Well. if I remember to, that is.

03-Mar-2014 05:24:22

The contents of this message have been hidden.

19-Jul-2014 20:40:35

The contents of this message have been hidden.

21-Apr-2016 05:14:03

Mod Balance

Mod Balance

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Don't grave-bump please; check the date before posting. This threads last post is 2 years old :O
Mod Balance
| Head of Community |
Follower of Guthix

22-Apr-2016 10:55:25 - Last edited on 22-Apr-2016 10:55:38 by Mod Balance

Quick find code: 254-255-294-65172378 Back to Top