Forums

The RuneScape YouTube Channel

Quick find code: 254-255-11-61790129

The contents of this message have been hidden.

06-Jul-2010 06:39:30

Fox Paws

Fox Paws

Posts: 7,739 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I saw the Jagex Channel was suspended... and some people theorized that they just closed the channel so they could focus on the runescape channel.
Well I had a suggested video for an iCould video, and it said it had a terms of use violation on it? I think it was suspended for copyright infringement, possibly on machinima and video competitions...
Just my theory. Hope it helps anyone get closer to the truth..
-Vulpes

06-Jul-2010 07:37:29

Mod Mattyc

Mod Mattyc

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
*Pokes head in*
Hi guys!
Sorry about being away from the thread for a bit, I was out of the country and Mod Crow was busy slaying evil super badgers in an attempt to save all of humanity. Don't worry - he won, and we're back.
The official RuneScape Community Channel lives on, while the official Jagex YouTube channel has been suspended. We have not been informed as to why this has happened and have not received any communication from YouTube.
The channel at http://www.youtube.com/thejagexchannel was our official Jagex channel and we are doing all that we can to restore it.
Other than that, big videos on our official RuneScape Community Channel are coming so stay tuned. :)
- Mod MattyC

08-Jul-2010 17:52:11 - Last edited on 08-Jul-2010 17:56:57 by Mod Mattyc

Gameboy1100

Gameboy1100

Posts: 7,929 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can possibly explain why it got suspended.
There were hackers that took over Youtube on July 4th that mainly targeted Justin Bieber (hehehe =D) but some people decided to take their fun somewhere else and probably say your channel and decided that they should get the account suspended.
I heard that there was some code you put into the comments and if the owner of the channel saw it, it suspended the account. (Don't know how true that is though).
Still, I would blame the 4th of July hackers.

08-Jul-2010 18:22:41

The contents of this message have been hidden.

09-Jul-2010 19:39:20

Quick find code: 254-255-11-61790129 Back to Top