Forums

Footwork in Combat Thread is locked

Quick find code: 237-238-823-65353012

Gersty

Gersty

Posts: 312 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In regards to what Icriulis was saying...

You know, with the way the community is now, it's all a big stress to do anything nowadays. The only time I ever fight anymore is in self-defense because that's the only thing I'm halfway good at and, no offense to the people that enjoy these, large-scale battles and wars are all just a huge cluster f***. I'm just not the soldier type though.

Anyway, my point being is that, regardless of if you're participating in wars or just chilling around like myself until the time comes to go to the blade for defense, you /will/ eventually need to fight, regardless of how much stress it puts on you. The only fight I've ever won is a self-defensive fight, to be completely honest with you. I'm a horrible combatant.
"When the Lord made me, He made a ramblin' man..."

"... An Arizona Ranger, wouldn't be too long in town."

10-Sep-2014 04:11:04

heretic hary

heretic hary

Posts: 3,137 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gersty said :
In regards to what Icriulis was saying...

You know, with the way the community is now, it's all a big stress to do anything nowadays. The only time I ever fight anymore is in self-defense because that's the only thing I'm halfway good at and, no offense to the people that enjoy these, large-scale battles and wars are all just a huge cluster f***. I'm just not the soldier type though.

Anyway, my point being is that, regardless of if you're participating in wars or just chilling around like myself until the time comes to go to the blade for defense, you /will/ eventually need to fight, regardless of how much stress it puts on you. The only fight I've ever won is a self-defensive fight, to be completely honest with you. I'm a horrible combatant.

RP ability isn't measured by combat anyways. Nothing to feel ashamed about.

Not all large-scale battles end up as moshpits, but there's usually some pretty good tips to avoid being in those areas - like everyone and their mother fighting in the gateway of Falador castle, suggests you might want to find another way in. Those ones, I usually avoid by ropes and scaling the walls. Or just watching the whole thing unfold from the bar while enjoying a fresh ale.

Otherwise, in cases where you can get everyone's attention, making sure the group adheres to a turn order solves a lot of those problems.

13-Sep-2014 14:33:31

Doc Doctor

Doc Doctor

Posts: 3,925 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Edit: Accidently posted on the wrong thread.
“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

12-Nov-2014 19:01:10 - Last edited on 12-Nov-2014 19:02:36 by Doc Doctor

Cloud180

Cloud180

Posts: 1,427 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Once again, another good combat thread ;) I know all of the footwork information in this already though except the defence against that low slash, I've been interested in combat and do martial arts which is why I know about footwork and posture, and stance, why do you know all this Khaine, I've been seeing a lot of these threads by you and am impressed by the info, but where are you getting your information?

03-Dec-2014 14:20:31

heretic hary

heretic hary

Posts: 3,137 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My sources are fight-books of the medieval period, taking lessons in fencing (foil, epee and saber, soon to include broadsword), and having friends who practice other things such as kendo. Not to mention several roleplayers, one in particular, who happen to be rather knowledgeable.

03-Dec-2014 17:24:02

Quick find code: 237-238-823-65353012 Back to Top