Forums

Footwork in Combat Thread is locked

Quick find code: 237-238-823-65353012

heretic hary

heretic hary

Posts: 3,137 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah, making one huge guide seems to be a better idea. These are just the versions I made for the Sicarius back in later summer/early fall 2013, and after someone told me I should post them, figured I would.

Plus, one large guide means I'm not occupying the first page.

EDIT: Icriulis,
That depends. For me, I'm so used to this from real-life application and application in roleplay, that I don't think twice about using it. However, I do agree that others will struggle with adapting to this, though they should at least know this to understand what others are doing so they can respond appropriately.

20-Apr-2014 16:20:14 - Last edited on 20-Apr-2014 16:21:47 by heretic hary

Melkarth
Sep Member 2022

Melkarth

Posts: 14,783 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think the most unfortunate side of having all of these, while they're wondeful, is that some right eejit is going to come along, learn them all and think he's wonderful at combat, and will start citing these back at people to prove that he's the best.

20-Apr-2014 16:32:01

Aivas

Aivas

Posts: 3,002 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
heretic hary said :
Broad of the chest

Contrary to incredibly popular belief, some of the least experienced and some of the most experienced combatants will be found using this stance. I encourage you to read the literature or talk with a few of the old Maestros and discover the reasoning for this.

heretic hary said :
Facing sideways

I admire the applicability of this stance to knifework.

I'll get to reading the rest....eventually. Coffee is a mistress that acts as nobody's second.

20-Apr-2014 17:08:19 - Last edited on 20-Apr-2014 17:13:02 by Aivas

heretic hary

heretic hary

Posts: 3,137 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Interesting. Sounds like I have more reading to do.

Won't disagree that sideways is nice for using a knife, wrote this before I practiced knife-fighting. Way less to push the knife away from, especially as I'm a thinner guy with broad shoulders irl - the kind of build that makes an easy target if I'm not facing sideways. Otherwise, I've mostly used that in foil, epee and saber.

20-Apr-2014 21:09:58

Quick find code: 237-238-823-65353012 Back to Top