Forums

The White City Stirs

Quick find code: 237-238-648-66139539

Dansplainer
Sep Member 2007

Dansplainer

Posts: 3,001 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Addressed to her Majesty the Queen Rosaline

Your Majesty, I write to you urgently as I am presently facing an assault from the heathen army of Lord Pyro; in regard to the subject of your last message to me not so many days ago, Your Majesty, I received a request to parlay with the enemy that seemed, at first, to indicate Lord Pyro's willingness to make peace. I replied promptly, per Your Majesty's advice, and provided fair and reasonable conditions to be met before Lord Pyro and I could proceed in discussions.

Unfortunately, he did not take kindly to any such requests, and despite my insistence that he should return Your Majesty's husband safely to you, he offered little mention as to his condition or whether he would honestly grant such an appeal. To speak entirely in candor of his demeanor so far, I doubt greatly that he shall ever manifest the integrity to honorably maintain any sort of peace, so long as he lacks deference to the principles of the Lord Saradomin. I am afraid, at present course, that it may be entirely necessary that the siege shall have to continue and we shall have to fight on until the Zamorakians are thoroughly defeated.

To that end, I am relieved to have received your support thus far, and I shall undertake every measure to ensure that this matter is resolved quickly.

His Grace, Arthan,
Duke of Lassaria
Hi, I'm Dan.

05-May-2020 08:47:08 - Last edited on 05-May-2020 08:51:49 by Dansplainer

Dansplainer
Sep Member 2007

Dansplainer

Skirmish at Silverhill

What ?: As Lord Pyro's siege of Silverhill begins, the defenders of the town will organize a skirmishing force to assault the enemy artillery position.
Where ?: Meeting at Falador lodestone
When ?: Friday, the 8th of May 2:15PM PST, 10:15PM BST, 4:15PM CST, 5:15PM EST
Hi, I'm Dan.

05-May-2020 20:39:02 - Last edited on 23-May-2020 02:20:18 by Dansplainer

KDF-Juan
May Member 2018

KDF-Juan

Posts: 1,124 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A letter would arrive to Lord Stephen Lavalle bearing the seal of House Valengale.

“ Stephen,

Asgarnia finds itself at war again and I am being left in charge of Falador with Count Tyler. I ask that you send some bannermen to reinforce the city with us. I would ensure that they are taken care of and sent back home immediately after all of this is over.

Thank you,
Viktor “
It's just business.

07-May-2020 04:30:15

Ptolemy Dean

Ptolemy Dean

Posts: 4,044 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The White City Stirs

With her husband's kidnapping, Lord Pyro's unrelenting invasion of the Blackmarch, and the fate of Silverhill hanging in the balance, Falador readies for war. The Order of the White Knights begins preparations for the upcoming armed conflict with Lord Pyro's forces. Queen Rosaline herself will be leading the bulk of the army north where they expect to meet with mercenaries from Camelot—Bandosian brutes who are intimately familiar with war—before marching on to Silverhill. Count Tyler Locke and Duke Viktor Valengale are to be given charge of the defenses of the city and its manufactories in the absence of the queen. Her day of prayer for Prince Joseph will mark the eve of their march to war. They will return as victors to greet the awakened heir, Saradomin willing, and usher in a new age of peace and prosperity for all Asgarnians.
"Ptolemos, the friendly, informative Mahjarrat."
Member of the
Godless
and an advocate of
Moia
Zamorak
Role-player and proud owner of eleven Capes of Accomplishment.

07-May-2020 05:29:28

Dansplainer
Sep Member 2007

Dansplainer

KDF-Juan said :
Viktor's letter to Stephen

Addressed to His Grace, Viktor, the Duke of Sarimia

I have been informed of the events in our northernmost provinces, and it is troubling news, old friend. I will authorize that the company I sent to join you in the defense of Sarim join your retinue to Falador if you wish it so. In addition, I shall gather more forces to dispatch to Falador, to aid you in the duties you are charged with.

I urge you to take caution, however, as the House of Lavelle desires to have no involvement in the war with the heathen Lord Pyro, unless we are summoned by Her Majesty the Queen.

Regards,

Stephen Lavelle,
Earl of Vallia
Hi, I'm Dan.

07-May-2020 20:32:30

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

Posts: 4,255 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In response to a final failed entreaty to the Queen Lord Pyro has chosen to order his troops that were protecting the Kinshra Fortress to complete their forced march to Fort Valance. From there the troops would join the 100 Heavy Artillery forces already present and enjoy a commanding position over the main roads leading to (among other locations) Silverhill. The army would be ready to fire upon any army that attempted to reach that destination.

In addition Lord Pyro has now given the order to begin shelling the city of Silverhill with mortars and catapults. Both delivery methods were now employed to indiscriminately hurl explosives over the walls and into the streets, troops and innocent civilians cowering behind them.

Thirdly Lord Pyro has ordered his unit that was following the trail of the village massacre to instead divert to an attack on Edgeville Monastery.
"The greatest endeavors are achieved because of their selfless intent"
#WarIsComing

08-May-2020 01:00:37

Ptolemy Dean

Ptolemy Dean

Posts: 4,044 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
An Heir No More

Tragedy has struck the White City. Prince Joseph, former king and heir to the Asgarnian throne, has been murdered in cold blood. His was not the only death; Mallik Grest, the royal advisor, and Queen Rosaline's personal bodyguard both met the same fate when they attempted to stop his assassin. The killer's whereabouts are unknown, though blame has been laid at the feet of Lord Pyro. What was to be a day of prayer now becomes a day of mourning.

"Life is never what we expect," the queen said during an address to the city. "Evil knows no bounds. Joseph should have been your king. Though many saw him as a child, he had such potential... He carried within him the greatness of heroes, the wisdom of sages, and the strength of kings. Asgarnia—nay, the world—is worse off without him."

"I would gladly grieve with you but for the threat we face in the north. Our foes act against us in our moment of weakness. This cannot stand. The White Knights and I will march forth to drive them out of our lands and restore order where chaos takes root."

"This is the hour of reckoning. Pray for us. Pray for Joseph. Pray for our enemies. They know not the wrath of our lord, but they will. `When the white rain comes, the fleets of our enemies will be sunk.' So it shall be."

She and the White Knights, following her address, left the city numbering in the hundreds. They march for Silverhill, to victory.
"Ptolemos, the friendly, informative Mahjarrat."
Member of the
Godless
and an advocate of
Moia
Zamorak
Role-player and proud owner of eleven Capes of Accomplishment.

08-May-2020 06:21:03 - Last edited on 08-May-2020 06:22:45 by Ptolemy Dean

Dansplainer
Sep Member 2007

Dansplainer

The Battering of Silverhill

Pyro's siege engines met no resistance as the onslaught of the town inside the wall begins, their hauls fall onto the stony town like rain, and the clash erupts over the hills like spring thunder. Fiery explosions scorch the structures of the outer-end of the town, closest to the wall from the inside, and leave them charred black when their walls were not brought to rubble by the forces employed.

Despite the damage to the outer band of the town from the ongoing bombardment, the wall between it and Lord Pyro's army stands rather unscathed and there was no public knowledge of what casualties there may be from the latest phase of the assault.
Hi, I'm Dan.

08-May-2020 10:00:47

Dansplainer
Sep Member 2007

Dansplainer

Dansplainer said :
Skirmish at Silverhill

What ?: As Lord Pyro's siege of Silverhill begins, the defenders of the town will organize a skirmishing force to assault the enemy artillery position.
Where ?: Meeting at Falador lodestone
When ?: Friday, the 8th of May 2:15PM PST, 10:15PM BST, 4:15PM CST, 5:15PM EST

Ok, so since DXP event started today, we have decided to postpone this event for next Friday.

New time is Friday the 15th of May, 2:15PM PST, 10:15PM BST, 4:15PM CST, 5:15PM EST
Hi, I'm Dan.

08-May-2020 19:19:30 - Last edited on 08-May-2020 19:21:48 by Dansplainer

Dansplainer
Sep Member 2007

Dansplainer

Saradomin Protects the Faithful

A few elderly men in cleric's robes joins the garrison on the wall, where they treated the soldiers to wine and bread, and offered words from the holy book amid the thunderous bombardment of the outer band of the town by the forces of Lord Pyro.

Eventually, the clerics proceeded to the upper ramparts of the wall, where they kneeled and raised their four-pointed stars towards the heathens amassed in force before the town's gate; the old priests diligently spoke only in a gentle, yet ceaseless chorus of prayers to their Lord Saradomin from then on, despite Lord Pyro's host, for the remainder of that evening and persist into the late hours of the night.
Hi, I'm Dan.

10-May-2020 03:34:31

Quick find code: 237-238-648-66139539 Back to Top