Forums

Community Discord Server

Quick find code: 237-238-487-65852953

Syncreticeye
Dec Member 2017

Syncreticeye

Posts: 796 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hmmm "The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, Troy

13-Oct-2019 03:48:48

Varnyx

Varnyx

Posts: 160 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Its sad to see this dead, I thought y'all really would've kept it going since y'know, us 'drones' left
Kaito Calderon
Honour is earned. Is it never granted.
|
Blood and Gold my friend, Our Blood and their Gold.
|
Aa' lasser en lle coia orn n' omenta gurtha.

12-Feb-2020 00:40:09 - Last edited on 12-Feb-2020 00:41:04 by Varnyx

Varnyx

Varnyx

RiDaku said :
Varnyx said :
us 'drones' left

Oh there were other drones too? I thought it was just my clan.

As I recall anyone who spoke up about the state of the community was either flamed or called a drone. I distinctly remember being called a 'Steve' drone simply because I had enough of the arguments and cliques and reading over the other threads, not surprised the community eventually boiled down to what, 4 people?

Was fun whilst it lasted but yeeting that discord into the abyss was the best idea anyone had.
Kaito Calderon
|
|

12-Feb-2020 01:41:24

RiDaku
Oct Member 2012

RiDaku

Posts: 6,003 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That discord server was a horrible, ugly place representing pretty much everything that would chase everybody away. It's not just 4 people (even knowing that's just you under-exaggerating), but as always you'll only be able to count the noisy ones. I notice you've got memebership again, so welcome "back" if you log on to w42. Look under rocks to find the good stuff. The Sicarius |
They think they are "the many", and I "the few". They think this gives them the right to walk over me.

Want to Role-Play? Click Here!

12-Feb-2020 01:47:08

Varnyx

Varnyx

RiDaku said :
That discord server was a horrible, ugly place representing pretty much everything that would chase everybody away. It's not just 4 people (even knowing that's just you under-exaggerating), but as always you'll only be able to count the noisy ones. I notice you've got memebership again, so welcome "back" if you log on to w42. Look under rocks to find the good stuff.

I wouldn't rejoin 42 if you paid me.

Also yes it was an under-exaggeration, from what I was told there was actually promise for a while, most of the cancer left the community and there was a reform, however this was short lived and slowly petered out again, from what I can see with my eyes, it looks like its maybe back on the mend again, but I wouldn't hold out hopes for large numbers.

I can bet with almost certainty that the cancer will return and with it all the old arguments and rivalries will flare up again. I only came back on this forum to reminisce about possibly the 3 best years of my gaming life, but I'm glad it's only looking back on the good times.

Hope all goes well in your personal life and role-play stuff though, glad to see that some people still have a passion for what they believe in and enjoy, but I'll again refuse to partake. Rather not run into the old lot and have to deal with the major amounts of 'tism they bring to the table.
Kaito Calderon
|
|

12-Feb-2020 01:53:09

Quick find code: 237-238-487-65852953 Back to Top