Forums

Change

Quick find code: 237-238-436-66090531

WardenOfW42

WardenOfW42

Posts: 72 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Saying that Poks need to be shut down is really dumb.

The only two remotely active groups on W42 are Misthalin (Pok) and Ardougne (Pok). The rest of the world is dead because nobody is interested in the things Void proposed should be the main way of roleplaying. Nobody is forcing anybody to interact with a Pok. Nobody is preventing you from starting up another hero academy or another non-Pok group. If you honestly think that tanking seventeen years of roleplay history is the only real course of action to ‘save’ or ‘change’ W42 you are dense as hell but at least don't keep it to all talk. Either way, Pok roleplay is not the problem. It’s simply putting out bullshit based on absolutely nothing but a gut feeling like Void does to sound smart instead of being out there like Lord Pyro or JohnProctor2 actually creating roleplay.

Threads like these bring us nowhere, it’s just a place for people to look cool and sound smart when meanwhile they do absolutely nothing for the in-game environment. Being too wrapped up in their own image of how important they are to the server of W42, that’s not something exclusive to a Pok btw, Void.

23-Mar-2019 11:42:24

Teridax
Aug Member 2023

Teridax

Posts: 3,498 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Guys POK is not to blame for w42 dying. Stop ignoring your elitist attitudes and wake up, its your fault world 42 is dying. World 42 is where it is today based on direct decisions by the community and the community alone.

Until freelance falador bar roleplay comes back (and to be honest it's not) then there is no chance for growth in 42. Admit it, 90% of you wouldn't be in world 42 if it weren't for falador bar roleplay which you all KILLED.

23-Mar-2019 13:52:24

Gersty

Gersty

Posts: 312 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Pyro

The fact that you presume I give you enough credit for intelligent thought that I'm going to actually read all that is a testament to how much capacity for intelligent thought you lack. That and the fact you think Daku is healthy to the community by any stretch of imagination.
"When the Lord made me, He made a ramblin' man..."

"... An Arizona Ranger, wouldn't be too long in town."

23-Mar-2019 22:17:45

Gersty

Gersty

Posts: 312 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hazbollah said :
it astounds me that people are still this petty so that they can run a pok of 5 people

Just wait until you figure out it's the same people that are preaching against such corruption self-righteousness.
"When the Lord made me, He made a ramblin' man..."

"... An Arizona Ranger, wouldn't be too long in town."

24-Mar-2019 04:39:57

Salwamander

Salwamander

Posts: 418 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Imagine enjoying political RP
This community is perfect as is, and one day the servers will be shut down and it'll become even perfecter colon heart underscore eyes colon

Join me wholesome farm RP
Leopard slugs.
||
Ba
rba
dos

24-Mar-2019 13:26:46 - Last edited on 24-Mar-2019 13:27:32 by Salwamander

JerryfromJDQ

JerryfromJDQ

Posts: 4,340 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In the month or so on and off that I have interacted with the community of 42 I have, regrettably identified quite a few of the same issues that have been brought to attention on the thread.

The most jarring without a doubt would've had to be a particular Role-play group I was first introduced to where it was commonplace for people to slander, harass and bully people around. I was given the impression that the group owner expected you to grow a thicker skin and simply learn to tolerate it, grit your teeth and smile at the people tormenting you for the sake of getting some role-play done with them.

In another group, I and another officer struggled to combat the disruptive misbehavior of people from the previous group where moderation didn't seem to work and only served to further ' provoke ' them. Sufficed to say this isn't normal behavior to be expected of a Role-play community, let alone a Role-play group. When joining a Role-play group in any other community you are expected to be held to their standards of civility.

Any personal grievances with a particular member of the guild were encouraged to be dealt with discreetly with the involved parties and are rarely intervened by an officer of the guild unless it started to affect the guild in its entirety.

Ultimately the fault lies with the vocal majority of the community who, myself included can't seem to fully restrain themselves enough as to play nice with other people, especially with particular ' infamous ' people that might've garnered the community's contempt.

If a change for the better is to be made for the community in its entirety to try salvage what little is left of it and cater to new and returning members alike then people are going to have to try a little harder to accept everyone regardless to who they are, what they did or who they affiliate themselves with.

As continuing to argue amongst ourselves as we currently have on the Forums has done nothing but drive interested people away.
"
Knowledge is power.
"

01-Apr-2019 19:07:34 - Last edited on 01-Apr-2019 19:19:07 by JerryfromJDQ

Wizard Ovi
Jan Member 2016

Wizard Ovi

Posts: 672 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There's also those that drive themselves out of the role-play community for flaming
and instigating the drama that occurs within the group and cannot admit that they were in the wrong. People who are negative and try to turn people on each other rather than come to a common goal. To name a few; devils advocates, betrayers of trust, liars, spies, flamers, gas-lighters, and even bullies.

In this community, to me, there are those that are in it just for their own enjoyment and those that want for the whole of the community. Those that are either show that they represent one or the other faction. To me, there are too many people that have hated each other for years and cannot get over themselves in order to enjoy the evolving demographic and belong to both these factions.
"You never know what kind of man you'll be until the end."

-Howl Aren

02-Apr-2019 08:13:54 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2019 08:22:53 by Wizard Ovi

Fyn du Monde

Fyn du Monde

Posts: 65 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't know if I would go so far as to say that poks are the source of all evil, or just a great forum for it - aka they bring a lot of w42ers together in one place. I have seen the most toxicity in the pok sphere; but that doesn't mean people don't have pointless bitter feuds over nothing elsewhere. Or that they wouldn't if the same individuals were thrown together in the same numbers, or "tribes".

By the way I'm not tarring all pok leaders and players with a negative brush. I'm actually not thinking of anyone specific, I've managed to keep my rp group to a core of good people and avoid the "community" for long enough I honestly barely remember the details of the examples I'm thinking of. The few individuals I definitely do remember have left now anyway. And yet everyone is just talking more about how everyone else is more toxic than ever...

Somehow having disagreements while playing together seems to bring out the worst in many (duh not all) otherwise perfectly normal decent people.

Kindergarten basically. Or the House of Commons (oooohhhh controversial... nah ok ntrly).

Maybe it's the whole idea of a "community" that's the problem. If people could not play together in a slightly more grown-up way than black-and-white splitting - I did nothing wrong, it was all that guy's fault, anyone who takes their side is either an idiot or complicit in their Evil Schemes - maybe we could at least have a bad peace?

JerryfromJDQ said :
As continuing to argue amongst ourselves as we currently have on the Forum

oops i am now complicit in the negativity o wel (but i agree this is probably a big obstacle to enticing new people)
W42 Roleplayer
|
Fynnien of the Meilyr

02-Apr-2019 19:28:49 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2019 19:32:45 by Fyn du Monde

Quick find code: 237-238-436-66090531 Back to Top