Forums

Change

Quick find code: 237-238-436-66090531

Freya Sigurd
Dec Member 2023

Freya Sigurd

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In writing an essay, you must always approach a subject from a wide angle, then slowly work down your opening statement. Shaping it into the topic you will be talking about in the middle part. A good opening statement is thereforth paramount to the success of the essay. Or at the very least confuse them enough so you can sidestep in your topic.

Change is hard. Everyone knows change is hard. To leave our childhoods is always hard. And leaving a toxic relationship is nigh impossible for some.however, that is where change is good. Do you draw inspiration from old lore and use it for the future? Change it up. Been in a terribly toxic enviroment for years? Change. Do you keep losing friends, or have lost friends due to toxicity or drama. Change.

Change is hard. Change is needed. Change isnt impossible. I said five days ago that we could do nothing as we continue to watch toxcicity and drama rule every engagement we have with fellow w42ers. Change will prove me wrong. W42 can be saved if there is change. And i dont mean "lets replace this toxic figurehead with our friend toxic figurehead."

We need impactful change. If you want one too, then raise your voice. Even if there is only one voice who is willing to change, then that is one more voice in support of a better w42.

18-Mar-2019 23:40:09

John McAfee
Sep Member 2023

John McAfee

Posts: 1,770 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think there's much left for this community, especially since the game itself is losing more and more people as time goes on.

That said: There's only a handful of toxic people in this community, and disliking those toxic people does not make you yourself toxic, despite what some people think. Certain people have been put down by the community since they've been in it for years , as much of a shame as that is. The fact remains that some people just don't change, and their style of RP should remain in the private sphere. A start would be to rectify that, but people either don't have the drive or gall to do the things that need to be done.

Everybody wants things to change. Everybody wants a larger communitybase, but again that's hard because RS3 is losing its own playerbase. Everybody wants more activity, I think we're doing okay in that regard given what we're working with.

It doesn't really matter what everybody wants, because the hard truth is that not a whole lot is going to change no matter what we do. We're too far gone.

But I'll be damned if we don't go down swinging.

What do I want? One single ****ing canon.
" Good maps make good plans ."

19-Mar-2019 00:25:26

Gersty

Gersty

Posts: 312 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
John McAfee said :
I don't think there's much left for this community, especially since the game itself is losing more and more people as time goes on.

That said: There's only a handful of toxic people in this community, and disliking those toxic people does not make you yourself toxic, despite what some people think. Certain people have been put down by the community since they've been in it for years , as much of a shame as that is. The fact remains that some people just don't change, and their style of RP should remain in the private sphere. A start would be to rectify that, but people either don't have the drive or gall to do the things that need to be done.

Everybody wants things to change. Everybody wants a larger communitybase, but again that's hard because RS3 is losing its own playerbase. Everybody wants more activity, I think we're doing okay in that regard given what we're working with.

It doesn't really matter what everybody wants, because the hard truth is that not a whole lot is going to change no matter what we do. We're too far gone.

But I'll be damned if we don't go down swinging.

What do I want? One single ****ing canon.

I really think, more often than not, people just refuse to believe they're part of the problem and you can't fix what you don't acknowledge is broken. Probably humanity's biggest flaw, far as I'm concerned.
"When the Lord made me, He made a ramblin' man..."

"... An Arizona Ranger, wouldn't be too long in town."

19-Mar-2019 00:28:48

Syncreticeye
Dec Member 2017

Syncreticeye

Posts: 796 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Looking at the recent posts and considering recent events, I think change is already upon us, and I like it. "The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, Troy

19-Mar-2019 14:13:57

Quick find code: 237-238-436-66090531 Back to Top