Forums

The Grimmoon Ascendency

Quick find code: 237-238-168-66132422

Cain Grimm

Cain Grimm

Posts: 172 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
He sat by the fire, reclined within the comfortable chair as he gazed out of the window over the fetid swamps of Morytania. He could just make out the town of Canifis in the distance, and smiled as he recalled the evenings events. Lofting his gaze from the window, to the fire, and than the tome within his lap, he resumed writing within it's pages with the quill he held.

The town was alive again, for perhaps the longest in awhile. Nary a danger at that as well. There will not be many organized threats I hope, though, the presence of the memory still haunts me.

Why did the coffin need to remained sealed so bad? The feeling of it's essence coursing through my veins, sickens and elates me to heights I've never felt, and to depths of madness best left unexplored.

They found a body as well, just outside the woods. It was tied up by it's ankles, split open with it's innards removed. A sickle embedded in the ribs. I confiscated the weapon, the hilt carried an odd carving, initials I believe. K.A. We buried them in an unmarked grave, and I can't help but wonder what happened. The victim couldn't be identified, the smell was masked with something other worldly, and the physical features seemed... melted, from their skull. K.A. ...where does that seem so familiar from? Undeniably close, yet missing. As if the thought was ripped from my mind.

For now, let the mystery lay. We have a proposition to ponder, and the living to worry for.

Closing the journal, he returned to gazing out the window. Somewhere, he saw an approaching figure coming up from the township proper and he knew whom it would be. His lineage, his heir, his son. The thought warmed his chest, before he pushed it from his mind. There was still so much he wanted to do, felt he needed to do. For now, he made ready to here the report of his studies, before resting well into the evening, though, the thought of the murder ate at the back of his mind.

05-Dec-2019 06:47:17 - Last edited on 05-Dec-2019 07:25:18 by Cain Grimm

Cain Grimm

Cain Grimm

A message would have made it's rounds throughout the town of Canifis, Grimmhaven, and greater Morytania at that.

Let it be known, henceforth, that there is a mutually beneficial alliance in place. A defensve pact has been struck between the Skalov Coven led by Sadi Skalov, and the Grimmoon Pack, in the interest of keeping the peace within Canifis, and Morytania.

An attack on one of us, is an attack on all of us.

The recent murder of one Igor Zigorich will not go unpunished. Anyone with knowledge of the death of the deceased, is encouraged to come forth and seek an audience with Cain Grimmoon, at the castle along the North Coast.

In the interests of Grimhaven's defense, a garrison of Kinshra has encamped a few kilometers outside of town. They answer to the family, and should be left alone.

In other news, unannounced, somewhere in the Kandarian Mountain range work was being done on an underground vault. The looting and pillaging of a vault, dating back to the 2nd or 3rd age was done swiftly and quickly by a Dagon Hai agent. The caravan was loaded, transported out of the caves, and then teleported to a secure location. The vault itself was collapsed into rubble with geomancy.

07-Dec-2019 03:19:24 - Last edited on 09-Dec-2019 16:56:16 by Cain Grimm

Cain Grimm

Cain Grimm

Dead Man Walking

A series of murders outside Canifis calls for action. The calling card of the Myerque is present, but they've long since disbanded... Investigate, and get to the bottom of the mystery, before the peaceful nature of Morytania is ruined.

Time and Date: Saturday, 12-18-19. 9pmish, Eastern Time.

Bump, with the time and date of our first public event. No need to apply, just show up and get that role play flowing.

13-Dec-2019 06:25:47 - Last edited on 16-Dec-2019 06:03:25 by Cain Grimm

Cain Grimm

Cain Grimm

The message came to the Grimmoon estate in the dead of night, the raven depositing it on the study window as trained.

Father.

I've been discovered, but it wasn't like you said. At first, I feared their thoughts, their disgust and most of all, their spells. It turns out, the west is more accepting than you ever were. More supportive as well.

I assisted in slaying a... kin. Not of my own. You know fully what I am implying. The wretched disgust I have can not be expressed in words, let alone what I've written upon this page. My eye has fallen back into it's unnatural state, despite your attempts at curing it.

What did you do to me? I'm so tired of your mistakes being paid for by others. Despite this, I find myself more accepting of her, than you. You are never there when you should be. Never there when you could have been.

That's all I have to report.

R.G.

P.S. I lost the crystal, consumed in the fight. The sword was used in it's production as you said it would be. As much as I hate to admit it, I am not as bothered by it's loss as I should be. I know where mother is, for that, I thank you.

13-Dec-2019 07:03:58

Cain Grimm

Cain Grimm

Darkness, nothing. Than suddenly... light, heat. Life. Suddenly, the cold sank in, as the feeling of something wet completely coated his skin. He could not breath, and his mouth opened, filling with amniotic fluid. Just as he feared drowning, he fell, landing hard against the stone floor.

He was coughing, spitting up the poison he'd crafted to protect himself. To heal himself. When he finally came too, his vision settled onto the stone floor below. His iris parted, allowing more light in as he gazed up at the broken cocoon like structure. It was a success, and he was outright amazed that it had worked.

Clad in only but the flesh that clung to his abhorrent form, he let out a slight satisfied chuckle that teetered off into an uneasy shiver as the breeze within the deep cave caused him to tremble. Rising to stand, he conjured flames. Flames to burn away the evidence of his time here. Eventually, there would be only the mark of the flame upon the stone, and no other trace he was ever there.

Teleporting from this place, onto the next... he once more resumed the process. Spinning the protective lair, going dormant once again.

16-Dec-2019 06:14:19

Cain Grimm

Cain Grimm

An updated bump for the missed event Dead Man Walking, a murder mystery. Any and all are welcome!

Dead Man Walking

A series of murders outside Canifis calls for action. The calling card of the Myerque is present, but they've long since disbanded... Investigate, and get to the bottom of the mystery, before the peaceful nature of Morytania is ruined.

Time and Date: Saturday, 12-18-19. 9pmish, Eastern Time.

16-Dec-2019 06:20:31

Cain Grimm

Cain Grimm

Progress is slow, and the killer is still at large. My own work has deduced that he can't be to far from the town itself... though there have not been any slayings in weeks, months. There also appears to be a new resident in our castle, a vampyre. I have yet to question anyone else, but when I confronted his presence, he told me Theia and Astridr had allowed his presence. Who am I to question her now?

Progress is slow, but there have been a few break throughs. Despite handing over the materials
bribe the demon into a tenuous peace, I've finally managed to replicate his old devices.... in theory. He lacked the natural ability to perform these feats, and needed tools. I needed practice, and have spent countless hours in the solitude of my lab. The process has been perfected, and I am eager to actually use it as such.

Sitting at the desk within the castle, he closed the journal for the final time, he knew there wouldn't need to be another entry. Slipping it into the familar place he knew someone would find it, he made for his room, to finally get some sleep. What he failed to notice, was the shadow moving across the floor behind him, and vanishing into the bookcase.

21-Mar-2020 05:42:49 - Last edited on 21-Mar-2020 06:49:25 by Cain Grimm

Quick find code: 237-238-168-66132422 Back to Top