Forums

Let the Strong Rule

Quick find code: 237-238-110-66165340

Nathmatics
Jul Member 2008

Nathmatics

Posts: 893 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I find it consistently frustrating to find these posts on the forum. People butting heads over cannons they're not even a part of, though I have to admit, Pyro, this whole thing about becoming a god, a literal deity.

Who do you think you are exactly?

You know who likely would play a god in RP? Someone who's not particularly assured of their own ability to roleplay. After all, nobody can stand up to a god, you'd be smote before you could attack!

But returning to the point, having to assure yourself that you're important via an overpowered character in a roleplay group that is, frankly speaking, close to dead, is kind of sad in a way and I don't distinctly mean your group, regarding groups, I'm talking overall, every group. but yes, to a lot of us, RP simply isn't important anymore, most of us have moved onto other things, jobs, university, etc.

It's blunt and maybe a little mean, but am I inaccurate? I don't believe so.

So perhaps all I can say is it's time to join the real world.
An apologetically, unofficial representative for World 42

Want to get in contact with me?
Discord: nathmatics

06-Jul-2020 11:18:24

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

Posts: 4,255 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Nathmatics

The delusions you feel compelled to tell yourselves about me reflect more upon yourselves than they do on me quiet frankly.

As I have already said, you are quite free to simply see this as the latest egotistical claim made by my character Lord Pyro to support his power and authority within his own kingdom. But regardless of what you believe it also marks (or more accurately confirms) the arrival of a stage in which this character is no longer suitable for use in personal combat. In story terms it allow him to step back and allow others to rise to fame in his stead, while he remains the dangerous manipulator of world events that he has been (to a point).

AS to the death of RP groups, as ever you speak from a somewhat narrow viewpoint. Speaking for myself all I can say is that I receive frequent contact from several rpers that are proving to be very keen on continuing the group I started.

And as to "joining the real world"?

I will say this just on more time and hope that this community hears me this time. I have a job I am very happy with, writing software for the police. I live in my own place (rented unfortunately), entirely under my own means. My activities here I see primarily as inspiration for my main hobby of writing novels, of which I am on my third.

In other words the fat slob without a job, still living in his parents basement is a delusion you like to tell yourselves and nothing more.

This was a genuine attempt to offer a fun roleplay competition that I had hoped some of you might be willing to enter into the spirit of. Instead, as is common with this community, you choose to latch onto an irrelevant detail that would have no effect upon any of you whatsoever.
"The greatest endeavors are achieved because of their selfless intent"
#WarIsComing

06-Jul-2020 16:55:54

Nathmatics
Jul Member 2008

Nathmatics

Posts: 893 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Whilst I indeed do find it frustrating, if it is soley, within your own canon, it is certainly not of my concern whatsoever. Keep whatever you wish where it be. I simply was, with a heavy heart, disappointed.

The death of roleplay isn't a very stable topic, it flitters here and there with little sense. Some such as myself think it's going to die, but it doesn't. it just has fits of activity and inactivity. As expected.

I won't jape with you; It's nice to hear you also have a healthy hobby and seemingly, a stable life. So many people sit in remorse of not being able to be as fortunate, especially during this time period of COVID-19

One thing however, I do appreciate the idea of the thread perhaps. But we both know at this point, as you rightly say, the community slashing out at itself and destroys efforts. This scourge is liable to never change. People will always dislike people, or like people, who then dislike the person the other person dislikes. Because of some seemingly meaningful event in the past. Social construct.
An apologetically, unofficial representative for World 42

Want to get in contact with me?
Discord: nathmatics

04-Aug-2020 00:48:55 - Last edited on 04-Aug-2020 00:49:56 by Nathmatics

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

I'm not sure you ever had any reason or right to feel disappointed, entirely unaware as you are of whether or not that idea would work well within the public rp canon.

But suffice to say that due to people once again focusing on some minor and entirely irrelevant detail of the thread rather than engaging with it's main premise this idea has been completely cancelled as far as I'm concerned.

To those who are still worried about the god thing the situation for the moment is this: Seeing as he is still the active head of the Empire it seems appropriate to row back on the ascension for the time being. Pyro will still occasionally use the title in reference to himself and still remains one of the most powerful pyromancers on W42 but that's it.
#WarIsComing

04-Aug-2020 09:09:16

Wizard Ovi
Jan Member 2016

Wizard Ovi

Posts: 672 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Pyro I said :
...and still remains one of the most powerful pyromancers on W42 but that's it.

I'm curious, he's the one of the most powerful pyromancers in comparison to whom?
"You never know what kind of man you'll be until the end."

-Howl Aren

04-Aug-2020 12:02:30

RiDaku
Oct Member 2012

RiDaku

Posts: 6,003 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Helloooooooooooooooooooo everybody and welcome! To another episode of "Pyro Doesn't Understand What The Problem Is!"

Hey buddy. Listen, I know real life is important, so you want to dedicate as much brainpower as you can to what's really important- your book, your.. police contracted coding job? Okay, whatever. So I get that when you sit down and log on to runescape, spending hours upon hours of playing the game to properly experience what you're trying to do is not number 1 on your list. I mean, you don't even have a 99, you're got a miserable amount of questpoints, it's very unlikely you've ever even done the Fight Kiln to experience just a fraction of what your character would have to go through to do the things you're claiming he can do, but hey. Whatever. That's why we're here to help! Except you don't really care to hear it. I'll try it one more time.

Lord Pyro I said :
it seems appropriate to row back on the ascension for the time being.

Right there you just obliterated your earlier deflection of "it's just an IC claim" because you confirmed that you actually had Pyro ascend. Cool. Honestly I'm not mad about the ascension part on its own- I play Vile. Vile is a Tier 3 God. He's a Tier 3 God slowly being warped and corrupted by shadow anima (replacing the void powers that he had prior to Desperate Measures, as the void powers = shadow anima's effects almost 1:1 with how i'd been writing it). He's pretty fucking strong. His strength doesn't matter, though, because purely on the merit of "he is a god", every single person that has ever posted on this thread will confirm that he doesn't belong in public roleplay. And he doesn't. He hasn't influenced the scene directly in years (including using other characters that I play, sometimes through others though). But, for all the things Vile has done, do you want to know what he's NEVER done? Here, I'll tell you.
The Sicarius |
They think they are "the many", and I "the few". They think this gives them the right to walk over me.

Want to Role-Play? Click Here!

04-Aug-2020 12:53:33

RiDaku
Oct Member 2012

RiDaku

He has NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER INTERACTED WITH AN ELDER ARTIFACT OR ANYTHING CREATED BY THE ELDER GODS except mahjarrat IN ANY WAY MEANINGFUL. When you tried to godmod my Mahjarrat by using Mah's Marker, I mentioned that Vile was up on Freneskae inspecting Mah's corpse. That's still part of his story. Wanna know what he walked away with? A fragment of her. What does that fragment do? Pissfuck all. Years and years ago when I first completed the Fight Kiln all three times, I put in Vile's story that he went and challenged the Kiln and completed it with magic and melee to get a Tokhaar-Kal-Mej-Ket (Mage+Melee cape). Which means that he took on waves and waves of TokHaar (though didn't beat Har-Aken; Tokhaar-Hok states that "this was not meant to happen" when Har-Aken awakens, meaning it is not actually part of their challenge in-lore). In a competition. Not to dominate them. Not to claim the very thing that they're blessed and protected by. Vile fought right next to the Elder Kiln while the sacred lava rose around him and he walked out with two capes and never even glanced at the kiln or lava with anything other than wariness because the moment that he tries to do anything, it stops being a fun exercise to the TokHaar, it becomes "fuck you bro here's the whole army on your head + har-aken + rising lava ready to kill and convert you to one of us".

If you decide to have Pyro ascend, you have to remove him from public roleplay and he cannot in any way interact with the public scene. I'm glad you seem to understand that part. What you are not understanding is that that's quintuply true for anything related to elder artifacts. You fucking knobhead. You either have to subtract any meaningful interaction your character has had with the elder artifact (even IF we pretend that he could actually succeed in doing anything with it) to remain public OR you still have to withdraw in to private.
The Sicarius |
They think they are "the many", and I "the few". They think this gives them the right to walk over me.

04-Aug-2020 12:53:39 - Last edited on 04-Aug-2020 13:03:11 by RiDaku

RiDaku
Oct Member 2012

RiDaku

It's not just about lore and what's possible within it. It's not just about the rules of roleplay that were made here. It's about respecting the people you're trying to interact with and, if you're unable to do that regardless of if they're able to do that for you, don't interact with them at all. The Sicarius |

04-Aug-2020 13:10:32

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

Yeah I have never wanted a 99 (which i consider a complete waste of time given it often unlocks nothing and the top levels become exponentially harder to reach).

I do however have the quest cape so I'm not sure quite how I could get more quest points. And I have done the fight kiln and know exactly what I am expecting of my character.

Not really sure I care about the antics of your deceased char except to say if he can handle even one TokHaar and yet fall so easily to my weaker char Danny Steel then it only confirms that Pyro would have no trouble. Nor am I particularly interested in your misinterpretation of the rules of our community.
#WarIsComing

04-Aug-2020 21:45:36

RiDaku
Oct Member 2012

RiDaku

Point granted on the quest cape, haven't looked at your points since they were in the 200s. Figured with your time spent afking around you hadn't caught up yet. Not sure I believe you on the kiln, but if true that's an even bigger yikes, and.. Uh oh!

Ask nicely and I'll indulge the nonsense but try to keep on the subject instead of resorting to the most ironic block of text I've ever seen in my life
The Sicarius |

04-Aug-2020 22:03:46 - Last edited on 04-Aug-2020 22:05:12 by RiDaku

Quick find code: 237-238-110-66165340 Back to Top