Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Agalloch

Agalloch

Posts: 24,161 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've been contemplating finally getting a tattoo (I've wanted one for a while), and the only thing I can think of right now that I most likely wouldn't regret would be something relating to Agalloch, considering they've been by far my favorite band going on a decade now, and I don't see that ever changing. If I do end up going for it, I don't know if I should just get their logo on the inside of my forearm or something, or this (pic attached) on the meaty part of the outside of the upper arm/shoulder. Which do you think would be better? I might end up doing both though anyway, lol.

If I end up going for the image on my upper arm/shoulder, I think I would have to get a natural sun tan though, because I have a damn ghostly white farmers tan from where short sleeve shirts cut off, and I would imagine trying to get a tan would damage the ink I have there if I already had it there.

01-Apr-2017 06:45:23

Nosword

Nosword

Posts: 49,796 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Agalloch said :

id get that. even if some how you start disliking agalloch in the future or they completely change their music it is still a cool symbol and you will always like that album
just go for all around pale. best way to have no tan lines!
Old School

01-Apr-2017 10:20:39

Agalloch

Agalloch

Posts: 24,161 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kind of impossible though, considering I've worked outside for the past 4 years in a short sleeve shirt; my arms below a short sleeve cutoff are super fucking dark compared to my ghostly white upper arms/torso, lol

01-Apr-2017 10:54:24

Nosword

Nosword

Posts: 49,796 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
well idk too much on what the sun does to tattoos. i know its really bad when theyre still healing. but after theyre healed i think itll just make it fade faster. if its just gunna be black and gray shouldnt matter too much tho. think its more damaging to colors

sun was never a concern for me tho since i just rarely am outside for more then a couple minutes
Old School

01-Apr-2017 14:40:18

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tbh, I tan and my tattoos are probably nearing a decade old now. They are fine.

Idk what look you are going for, but I always go for that 'sun-kissed' look and not cancer brown.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

01-Apr-2017 22:23:18

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oops, by tan, I mean I sit oitside in a swimsuit, not a tanning bed.

And yeah, I don't want none of that loool, but I'm glad you know what I mean about cancer brown. Way back when I was a teen, everyone knew the effects of tanning, but no one cared and if you said something then OMGPANCDRAMA.

(My dad acfually got spots of skin cancer removed, so i do actually take it more serious than it appears)
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

02-Apr-2017 12:04:04 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2017 12:08:55 by Averia Light

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top