Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We don't even need an inch of snow down here for everything to fall apart - schools close in case there is 'an accident'; roads snarl up; Asda runs out of loo paper and cat litter sells out as someone once said it is useful to stop pathways becoming slippery.

There is also the spectre of the 'wrong kind of snow' which paralised the national railway system. That was funnier than the annual 'wet leaves on the track' excuse.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

14-Mar-2017 02:06:24 - Last edited on 14-Mar-2017 02:07:06 by Bernadette

Nosword

Nosword

Posts: 49,796 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
my city used to have huge snowplows that sprayed salt/sand as they went. i guess they decided to cut them and replace them with crappy old pick up trucks with tiny little shovels.

sure someone gave themselves a raise for the costs they cut. they dont have a real job to drive to anyway

tho my city gets a lot less snow then other parts of colorado
Old School

14-Mar-2017 14:52:22

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bernadette said :
We don't even need an inch of snow down here for everything to fall apart - schools close in case there is 'an accident'; roads snarl up; Asda runs out of loo paper and cat litter sells out as someone once said it is useful to stop pathways becoming slippery.

There is also the spectre of the 'wrong kind of snow' which paralised the national railway system. That was funnier than the annual 'wet leaves on the track' excuse.
In before cats start causing roadblocks. And foxes doing their business causing London Underground to screech to a halt. Business as usual here in Jolly Old.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

14-Mar-2017 15:32:59

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No, we don't have double decker buses and back then we didn't have Sweet shops - oh my the Sweet shops were just a child's dream and your trains were just like that Harry Potter trains and your taxi's were all black and seated six in the back :O <- if I remembered right and it was so Christmasy over there - you celebrated with style, had so much more than what I had experienced in my own country.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

14-Mar-2017 16:05:29

The contents of this message have been hidden.

15-Mar-2017 15:34:21

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top