Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We were very lucky as it was an extremely clear night for the lunar eclipse. We usually seem to have cloud cover when anything interesting is happening.

I stayed up to watch it as I knew I probably wouldn't wake up if I went to bed. My son stayed up with me and we woke my daughter up at 1.30 am. We watched till it was fully eclipsed by about 3.40 am; luckily it wasn't a very cold night. It was nice sharing a special event with the children - hopefully they will be able to share the next super moon eclipse with their own children, if they have any!

I did manage to get some photos which weren't too out of focus! The moon was incredibly bright before the eclipse and caused some of my photos to flare, giving a ghostly blue moon reflection.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

03-Oct-2015 23:23:44

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hands up those who thinks Tox posted to remove the spam post and the moon bit was the P.S :D

Been clear skies here most nights the past week moon nice and bright. Just too busy with stuff to do anything at all seem to get up in a morning then in no time at all dinner time and then bed.

04-Oct-2015 20:39:04 - Last edited on 04-Oct-2015 20:41:33 by Wilf

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

I did see a Hobby fly over the house this morning which is the only bird other than the usuals I've seen.

Should be going to leighton Moss this coming Sunday with any luck I'll see otter and bearded ***.

I caught a young wood pigeon that was hobbling about turned out it had a hole above its thigh (assuming shot) so I stitched it up put in the empty loft for a few days with water and corn let it go this morning as it was getting restless and the wound looked to have sealed. Fly off into the woods didn't see it where it landed when I walked round so hopefully it will survive.

04-Oct-2015 20:43:56 - Last edited on 04-Oct-2015 20:46:50 by Wilf

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Spent most of my time doing a lawn mower up that's been sat for nearly two years.

Wouldn't have taken half as long if the previous owner hadn't used the wrong lifting arms which had knackered most of the pins up and made removing them a trying excersise. Cut the grass with it today though much better than the old one for a start you can start it with a key lol.

Next thing to do is chage oil tank and sprocket on my dads chainsaw only been leaking 30 years but meh.

04-Oct-2015 20:49:58

Jafnhaur
Dec Member 2020

Jafnhaur

Posts: 1,866 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I popped the bone in my big toe. Felt nice. “Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127

05-Oct-2015 16:38:31 - Last edited on 05-Oct-2015 16:38:50 by Jafnhaur

SlR
Nov Member 2020

SlR

Posts: 4,378 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hello chaps (and gals) how do? Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

08-Oct-2015 18:35:02

Jafnhaur
Dec Member 2020

Jafnhaur

Posts: 1,866 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lady Deluxe said :
why would you want to pop a bone in your big toe?? The mind boggles ^_^
Well, at this point it just kinda does it by itself. Just need to curl my big toe inward, then *pop*.
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127

10-Oct-2015 01:50:21

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top