Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Jane Eyre

Jane Eyre

Posts: 1,322 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wasn't it during the Beijing Olympic games in 2008 where they had to ask some local restaurants to take dog off the menu so not to offend westerners?

I'm sorry, I know it's a culture thing, etc. etc., but eating dogs and cats? No. Just no. :P
The Catcher in the Rye caught a Catch-22.

23-May-2015 11:42:02

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really don't mind what people of different cultures decide what is worthy of eating. It is the manner of their life, captivity and death which moves me to making a stand and adding my voice to pressure groups.

In the case of the dog-meat trade, the fact that the dogs are offered for sale live in market places appals me since they are usually random strays snatched from the streets who are 'muzzled' with a rusty tin can whilst they have both front legs pulled backwards over their heads and tied with wire, thus breaking both shoulderblades.

They are then left sometimes for days on end without food or water in extreme pain in blazing heat until sold, or they die from body shock (the lucky ones die naturally). The sold ones are beaten and clubbed around the head until the vendor believes they are 'probably' dead, then thrown onto a fire pit to singe the fur off, ready for butchering. Those dogs only rendered stunned eventually die either by choking and burning in the fire pit, or endure that and are then hacked to death.

Therein lies the sin. Not the eating of the eventual meat product by protein-starved locals.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

23-May-2015 17:26:43 - Last edited on 23-May-2015 17:27:38 by FiFi LaFeles

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There is a lot of cruelty in the world - we are generally shielded from it in many Western countries. It is this shielding which I think makes us recognise and react to the cruelty, by trying to support those who work to bring an end to it.

Those who witness it every day since childhood may not all recognise it as cruelty, just accepting it as every day life. Our culture of caring for animals has been built up over many years, yet we still have cruelty to animals.

I also think no matter how humane the treatment could be, there are some animals I still would not like to eat.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

23-May-2015 21:36:51

RubiksCube77
Nov Member 2021

RubiksCube77

Posts: 943 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lol that's it!

Since only Asians would eat this kind of stuff, and no one else seems eat this stuff, we can safely conclude that the secret to their intelligence and excellent performance on academics is eating dogs and cats. We should all go down to our local pet shop and order some Chinese food there.

I would imagine someone would ask the pet store owner like this.

(I've never owned a dog or cat, so I don't know how much one weighs)
"Hello, I would like 30 pounds of the imperial dragon recipe."
Make RuneScape Great Again usually on at 3:00 PM PST
I am the Emperor of Africa, Afrikaneer Engineer, and retired RSOF troll
The Real Bad African (shenanigans moved to YT under an assumed name)

24-May-2015 05:29:30 - Last edited on 24-May-2015 05:52:32 by RubiksCube77

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miss Kizmo said :
@Cat, that's the most disturbing post I have read - I wish it could be deleted.
I can understand you feeling like that Miss K but, unless people like Cat speak out about the reality of what happens, nothing will change if we hide from the truth.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

24-May-2015 21:30:49

Icy Spring

Icy Spring

Posts: 3,248 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Today the second of my two roommates moved into the university apartment where I'm living over the summer; the other is home for the weekend. When I just went to make dinner, I was confronted by an open cabinet with one of my plates missing. Why do inconsiderate subhumans like this exist?

25-May-2015 01:08:23 - Last edited on 25-May-2015 01:13:39 by Icy Spring

RubiksCube77
Nov Member 2021

RubiksCube77

Posts: 943 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Icy Spring said :
Today the second of my two roommates moved into the university apartment where I'm living over the summer; the other is home for the weekend. When I just went to make dinner, I was confronted by an open cabinet with one of my plates missing. Why do inconsiderate subhumans like this exist?

Ah bawana...

Jawanzeh ngogo...

That is like asking why the probability you ended up with such roommate was high.

Your roommate was simply practicing the traditional African skill of taking something and claiming it for himself. This should be very commonplace in: Detroit, Ferguson, and Baltimore.

May the concept of desiring a favorable outcome for the probability that your plate returns to you produce a tangible result that can be repeated in an experiment.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get 30 pounds of imperial dragon recipe from the pet store to get smarter.
Make RuneScape Great Again usually on at 3:00 PM PST
I am the Emperor of Africa, Afrikaneer Engineer, and retired RSOF troll
The Real Bad African (shenanigans moved to YT under an assumed name)

25-May-2015 02:06:31 - Last edited on 25-May-2015 02:07:27 by RubiksCube77

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top