Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Icy Spring

Icy Spring

Posts: 3,248 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm guessing they decided that there's no point in having a general "Ask a question" thread when Google can supply an answer much more quickly. But "Who are You?" has a similar level of activity and doesn't even provide a topic of discussion since most people post once and then disappear. It does have a certain nostalgic appeal since I have commented on it several years ago with other accounts, but other than that I don't see the point of keeping it around.

12-Feb-2015 03:34:19 - Last edited on 12-Feb-2015 03:43:31 by Icy Spring

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No it didn't receive much attention but the reason it was created originally was because people were creating threads to answer questions (ask ytton/ 900vb to start with). With the sticky the rule was lock them and anybody with any trivial question post on that thread. the ask a knife maker thread should have been locked the ask a cop thread should have been locked and the ask a mechanic thread should have been locked really; however, being created a few years after the sticky and ever changing moderators nothing was done when reported then when more were created the new ones that were more spammy and not as popular were locked.

If you can remember last year (or 2013) there was a period when a few were created the only ones I can remember being ask an Egyptian/ McDonalds manager and I'd put money on it happening again in the future.

As for threads requiring any sort of discussion value that went out of the window when j and f mods post on threads such as this: 23-24-468-65446966 rather than locking it for spam.

Why that thread was considered thread worthy over other threads with a 2-3 word ** on something stupid i don't know (there are now 3 threads relating to potatoes in this section).

12-Feb-2015 17:26:21 - Last edited on 12-Feb-2015 17:27:57 by Wilf

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top