Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The ask a question one. The point of it was to prevent all the ask a threads that get created, because when one is active somebody copies and then somebody copies that.

More to the point people did occasionally post random questions and people offered answers.

Last year there was an outbreak of them and a few were created in previous years but naturally my reports were ignored (which is why ask a cop and knifmaker and to an extent autmotive help remained due to getting established)

I maintain the pointless thread is the who are you thread you post once and within a few posts you are forgotten about if anybody even reads it at all. the amount of people responding to filled out questions is tiny and even smaller when the OP of the thread is taken out.

The thread existed many years ago as a jagex sticky and they realised how pointless it was having it as a sticky ( of course newb mods with no experience of OT probably thought it was original..)

I've posted on the mod review thread about it but no response for me. I suggested a sticky for all matters relating to funorb in its place because I don't think we need a new thread for every single aspect of funorb.

11-Feb-2015 17:20:30

Icy Spring

Icy Spring

Posts: 3,248 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We need a containment thread for FunOrb related content, but I doubt we'll get one considering the Stellar Dawn sticky was taken down a while back. The problem is exacerbated by forum mods constantly moving FunOrb related threads here from some other forum. They should just lock them since we already have enough of them cluttering up the OT.

I suggest something like "FunOrb supporter? Click here" and the OP post explains that FunOrb is a failed, money hemorrhaging venture that Jagex no longer cares about and they're just happy a few people still pay for dead content.

11-Feb-2015 18:26:15 - Last edited on 11-Feb-2015 18:27:42 by Icy Spring

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

lol.

Usually they get moved from general as they are not relating to runescape, but if you read the general fsr it is for topics relating to runescape or jagex that don't fit anywhere else (one was moved with the fmod saying "as this thread is discussing jagex and not runescape I've moved it to off topic). A clever poster could probably get a thread about jagex and funorb into one thread and get the publicity of general instead of waiting for some funorb fan to search funorb and bump 5+ threads.

I don't think we'll get one either as we've no regular fmod or jmod contact to support the section anymore. Crow has left jagex totally now and the last regular fmod quit years ago...

11-Feb-2015 19:15:38

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

i did wonder, but I can't see why that should matter there were/are stickies by mods who left years ago although I know of at least one that has been replaced.

The only other thing was that people were asking account questions, but then again people ask account questions everywhere.

I've asked if he would care to elaborate on the good reason

along with is it going to be replaced

can people now create ask a threads

will they monitor the amount should somebody decide to create one

should I report any I see and are fmods aware of what to do.

and what he meant by it can't be reviewed here (this is more for interest as if it applies to all jmod actions then fmods should be made aware as I've seen recent posts by one saying to post jmod actions on the review thread, which I did)

The last time I asked a number of questions I was ignored...

11-Feb-2015 22:58:30

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top