Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When my sleeping patterns get seriously adrift I stay up all night and don't go to bed till after 9pm. I usually do this when I know I won't be driving the next day so usually either a Friday or Saturday night is the sleepless one.

The main thing is not to give in to sleep during the day! I have a great sleep the next night and all is back to normal sleep/wake times, for a while at least.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

03-Jan-2015 21:13:21

Awesome041

Awesome041

Posts: 1,345 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Speaking of sleeping I am finding my sleep irregular compared to what it has been in the past. (It's even worse for the hypocrites who tell you to wake up at a regular time then take naps throughout the day or when they feel tired.)

Camping does sound like a good idea in terms of naturally resetting one's biological clock, Chief Elf.

I guess if you really enjoy or find worth in what you do, you kind of have a reason to get up in the morning. (Of course, that being the case, you might find it hard to sleep!)

From my current perspective, I guess that now it seems as though time itself really does not matter. Day fades into night; night into day; winter to summer; and summer to winter; spring to fall; and fall to spring; one year into the next; a decade into another century; another century into another millennium ...

04-Jan-2015 13:42:48

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm constantly having to adjust my sleep times as The Weazlet is a shift worker. Currently, I wait until he gets up to go to work, make him coffee, then I go to bed usually about 3.00 am. I get up for my day about 9.00 am. That's 6 hours sleep but I am a lazybones and really need 8 to feel good.

I suppose I could just go to bed at a 'normal' time of night but I don't like the thought of him getting up to a dark & silent house.

In a couple of months his start time will change (again) so I'll work with that.

Eyebags & yawns ftw :|
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

04-Jan-2015 13:57:12

Amoroso

Amoroso

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
During playing it is nice to have some distraction. I like to look at beautiful wallpapers and online art. Right now I am watching Slim** Art & Wallpapers. Some beautiful artwork of The Hobbit and LOTR overthere!

04-Jan-2015 15:24:56 - Last edited on 07-Jan-2015 10:22:20 by Amoroso

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With sleep, my problem is I'm a night person having to operate as a daytime person.

Amoroso, I quite like looking at Deviant Art when I want a distraction - but I do tend to get distracted most by the forums :)
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

04-Jan-2015 17:24:50

Awesome041

Awesome041

Posts: 1,345 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maybe keep it simple and avoid all the processed stuff? (If you can find something like that, I know it is hard.)

Simple cereals are usually the least problematic, but it might be strange to others seeing you eat something like oatmeal. Maybe rice and beans? (And you could add vegetables or other things as you need which would not be as bothersome?

Seems as though people are feeling sickly this time of year. (I feel some pain too; get better Poultrychamp!)

06-Jan-2015 11:24:51

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top