Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Catweazle
Nov Member 2005

Catweazle

Posts: 23,934 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wilf said :
"your order will be delivered between 07:30 and 17:30.." Well, thanks for narrowing it down city link.

Customer Service at it's finest.

They only get away with sort of crap because people don't complain enough. I hate large companies. Seriously hate them. All of them.

Like: water mains being replaced currently, pressure fluctuating so badly we can only get cold showers as it's insufficient to fire the boilers around here. Southern Water's response? "Temporary difficulties to ensure future yahdey-yah-yah".

In other words, put up with it, no fix will be made, work will be completed in January.
JANUARY!!! They can all come round my house every day and have a freezing shower in December. Hope they enjoy it.

Clearly, as a paying consumer, it's all my fault and I am an ungrateful whining wretch. Good luck to the ill, elderly and those with small kids.

Is there such a crime as Corporate Genocide? If not, I'd like to invent it. I wouldn't mind a prison stretch for committing illegal acts against the faceless suits who think their customers are irritating maggots for expecting to receive what they actually pay for.

GAAAAAH !!!!!

And Hi, Lady Zion :)

19-Aug-2014 10:16:11

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
DPD are a good they give you a a two hour slot and you can track where the van is and what order number you are and which has just been delivered.

As to service companies lol.....

everything is written in their favour legally.

20-Aug-2014 21:34:55

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Last year built this house last thing was to dig strip down the drive to the main road for gas/water/electric.

Get northern gas man out with his map, yep pipe going horizontal three third up the drive then across to the neighbours and down their drive coming into the road a few metres up from the drive we are digging.

So we do a trial hole dig down to where we think it should be, find it going across dig a bit to make sure yep. going right way.

Move to bottom of drive cut tarmac pull it off with jcb and use jcb to dig a bit off top. ten minutes later gouge straight into gas pipe....

The pipe ended up going across as shon on the map another foot or so then bent down at 90 degree and then angled towards the bottom of our drive...

Of course have to get safety people out bill comes for £800.

The map they have shows it metres away there is no warning strip laying above the pipe and it isn't at the minimuk depth. go back and forth reduces to 400 then 300 if it had been our own job we'd have taken it to court and you can bet we'd have won.

You know they are relying on people not wanting the hassle as they'd already threatened to get the legal team on it 5 times over the course of two month and kept reducing it. Anyway we made money out of it by after passing the bill to the client getting gas network to knock it down some more, lol. We were not contracted to dig the trench and did it with the provision of no liability as we didn't want to do it because the gas company are a joke with their maps. Still saved him money as they'd have wanted thousands to dig it.

Not only that but later on we then went through a water pipe which as far as yorkshire water were concerned didn't exist... none of the taps in the road turned it off and they had no idea where it came from or where it went. The poor restaurant next door was fed by it and the gas pipe lol. Bloke who works for yorkshire water ended up clamping it and recoupling it for a crate of beer..

20-Aug-2014 22:00:35

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top