Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,168 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My oldest son picked up the keys to his new home this afternoon. Its the first time he's bought a place as he's always rented before. Its been 5 - 6 months since he viewed the property and its in a worse state than when he saw it. :( :( There's a bad smell in the bathroom and everywhere is grubby and tatty. Thankfully he'd already arranged for a company to clean the place. Once that's done he'll know what else needs to be done before his furniture is movd in.

08-Jan-2024 21:50:17

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,047 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brilliant!

Good idea to get stuff done while empty, painting springs to mind always makes a proprty look a lot better.

smell might be something an nothing like the traps/wastes drying out if it's been empty for a few month

09-Jan-2024 19:39:46 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2024 19:40:37 by Wilf

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,168 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The previous owner moved out yesterday. He was elderly and getting frail so I think he hadn't been able to keep everything clean.
Son said the carpets look a lot better and the smell in the bathroom is mostly gone now. He plans to eventually redecorate then replace the carpets etc. Now its been cleaned he can take his time to plan it properly rather than rush and make mistakes but replacing the bathroom flooring is top of the list.

09-Jan-2024 19:52:47 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2024 19:54:38 by Megycal

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 25,052 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Little bit of work and it'll be all taken care of.

Fun part is, since your son owns the place now, he can upgrade stuff how he wants to instead of needing the landlord or whomever to okay a major change. Which, being able to do renovations how you want is the fun part; actually doing it is a different story xD

Home repairs arent fun in some cases...we just got through fixing up some stuff. Mainly due to foundation settling.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

11-Jan-2024 18:30:07

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,679 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gonna miss you guys :c I know I haven't been on in ages, but it sucks to see the forums go.

Is there going to be anywhere where the ol' forums people can keep in touch? Or is it the forums discord?
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

12-Jan-2024 20:49:23

Tomato 56789
Apr Member 2022

Tomato 56789

Posts: 15,486 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ I joined the discord. Open to others created by veteran forumers. I just refuse to join the RS official discord.

I wasn't active in this thread, but I would like to say goodbye to all fellow forumers here :) Going to really miss this place.
Casual legacy trash of 20 years in RS, writer of Skyrook Gorge (and other books) irl

Should the forums truly go; almost anyone from here is free to add me in-game.

15-Jan-2024 08:22:59

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top