Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,145 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Great to see you back Tuffty :)

My husband is continuing to do very well after his hip replacement operation. He only uses one walking stick now but he still isn't allowed to bend down or lie on his side to sleep. Only needing one stick means he can do a lot more. Hopefully my husband will get the all clear from the surgeon when he sees him in 10 days' time. I know he's really looking forward to being able to drive again.
edit to add. I still daren't let him walk outside on his own when there is frost or ice around.

06-Dec-2023 16:53:14 - Last edited on 06-Dec-2023 16:58:19 by Megycal

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

My husband saw the consultant today and has been told he can drive again. He can also do things like sleep on his side and put his socks and shoes on. Yay! :D He will see the physiotherapist next week and be shown some more exercises to help him strengthen his muscles and get the best possible mobility from the new hip joint.

16-Dec-2023 21:20:08

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Thanks Kiwi.

Sorry to hear you have health problems. :( Getting older often means various bits start to wear out especially joints. Most people end up needing glasses and some will need hearing aids. I need glasses to use the computer, reading and close work. So far I'm still OK to drive. My right knee clicks when I walk up or down stairs. I'm just waiting for it to hurt and then be told its arthritis. :P

17-Dec-2023 22:34:00

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,684 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Megycal said :
My husband saw the consultant today and has been told he can drive again. He can also do things like sleep on his side and put his socks and shoes on. Yay! :D He will see the physiotherapist next week and be shown some more exercises to help him strengthen his muscles and get the best possible mobility from the new hip joint.

That's great news, hope his recovery continues :)
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain"

18-Dec-2023 12:01:00

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Thanks Rooh. My husband is continuing to improve. I have to admit I'm really happy that he no longer needs me to wash and dry his feet. Lol

edit to add: I'm trying to get into the Christmas spirit so I'm watching A Muppet Christmas Carol ( my favourite Christmas film ).

21-Dec-2023 17:43:15 - Last edited on 21-Dec-2023 17:44:22 by Megycal

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top