Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

The contents of this message have been hidden.

20-Apr-2021 14:47:59

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yikes Tuffty! That sounds really nasty, thank goodness you escaped needing a hospital stay.

What type of motorbike do you have? My Dad loved motorbikes, he was still riding his Suzuki on his 76th birthday. That was over 20 years ago so I can't remember which model it was but I do know it wasn't one of the smaller types. He said he was going to have to get something smaller because if it toppled over he struggled to pick it up. He was interviewed for a magazine ( probably the club magazine ) as the oldest member of the Suzuki owners club.
When he was a lot younger my Dad had a Triumph Goldstar. When I was 5 or 6 (early 1960's ) he had a Triumph Thunderbird, I remember it had a maroon fairing ( I think that's the word ). My Mum wouldn't get on it so after a while he sold it and bought another car. Tbh a car is more suitable when you have a family unless you're fortunate enough to have a car and a motorbike if that's what you want.

20-Apr-2021 15:43:12

xBlue Rosesx
Oct Member 2023

xBlue Rosesx

Posts: 282 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
One time I had a spur of the moment thought, and I was like "I should get a bike." Well, get a license then a bike. This was during a traffic jam, and I thought a bike would be easier than a car to get around the city. Plus it'd be pretty cool to be on a Yamaha or Harley or something.
The rose of Runescape <3

Twitch: xxxbluerosesxxx

21-Apr-2021 07:48:49

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ouchies Tuffters !!

I had a few cases of road rash in my bike-riding years but pretty minor (one was a black ice skid and the other a diesel spill on a roundabout).

Hope you're fully recovered soon ^_^
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

21-Apr-2021 09:10:08

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Megycal said :
Dong U Dead said :
snip.

@ Fifi That price is way more than I pay for my haircut! I haven't been to the hairdressers yet. I'm wondering whether to grow out the layers and see what happens. My hair has become more wavy over the last couple of years ...as well as more grey :P

Heh heh - I was talking about the cost of the dog's haircuts not mine! I pay the lady who comes to the house £15 for my hair but Cookie the dog costs me £50 to go to the Groomers!

Actually, I had to pay £55 yesterday because she had some matted bits an it took longer to do her. Inevitable, as she is a curly coat and due to lockdown had been a seriously long time between visits.

We'd been washing and brushing her and Rosie at home of course but some tangles get missed - you know those long fine hair bits behind the ears and just under the armpits which - once tangled - are bloody impossible to dealt with.
Le Chat Guerrier

21-Apr-2021 09:15:15

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh I realised the £50 was for your dog, I was just saying I don't even pay that much for my hair. Last time I had it cut and blow dried it was £32 but I have a feeling it'll have gone up a bit more next time. Although the hairdressers are now open they can't have as many people in due to social distancing and needing to clean between clients.

21-Apr-2021 10:06:18

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Oh I seeeee !! Derp, me.

My chum had hers done last week and forked out £85 :O
Mind you she does the full monty ... elaborate (albeit short) style, bleach, colour, blowdry.
Gets it re-done every 2 months in normal times.

It's not my cup of tea at all .... I've never liked shaved sides/back, with that spikey hedgehog bit on top all crunchy and stiff with gel or whatever it is. And the colours she gets are unattractive, to me.

She says she wants to look "funky". I said she looks like a desperate old woman trying to look young again. She said I look like a boring old woman with my straight shoulder bob. She sulked for several days but if you ask for someone's opinion and critique one should not be afraid to hear the answer, or don't ask the question !

The finale to this minor spat is that she signs off her texts now as "Desperate" whilst I sign mine off as "Boring".
Le Chat Guerrier

21-Apr-2021 11:33:14

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd really love to have mine professionally done at some point! With the cut, dye and everything.

I haven't a clue what style I'll actually go for, should I ever actually visit a salon, but someday I'd really like to rock the lime green hair. Probably with some black accent bits, or maybe black roots. I dunno yet.

I've only ever been to a salon one time to have my hair cut. I went one other time for someone to just style my hair for a wedding.

I really wanna have the whole experience lol
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

21-Apr-2021 11:37:34

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fifi, I think we're at an age where people shouldn't have to adhere to those age-old 'rules' of society where you can't dye your hair past the age of 55, nor have long hair after 60.

I don't know who invented those rules, but I don't see any issues with older people having fun hairstyles or colours. It's not like you have any dress codes anymore, you're retired!

I'm looking forward to being 70 with brightly coloured hair and (probably) extensions. Should I have any hair left! lol
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

21-Apr-2021 11:39:54 - Last edited on 21-Apr-2021 11:40:14 by Brigantia

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top