Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow this place has changed quite a bit since the last time I was here. It is also kind of bittersweet now that off topic seems to be suffering the same fate at rants. I am also comfortable riding off into the sunset of obscurity. I wonder if this is how everyone who left and then came back for a brief visit felt like, haha. I honestly can't say I miss it or even a past version of this place at all. I don't necessarily regret spending some time here and with other forum members, but I am content with being an outsider looking in now.

As far as pizza chains - probably MOD pizza. I don't eat a lot of pizza anymore though.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

18-Nov-2020 19:25:20 - Last edited on 18-Nov-2020 19:39:19 by Averia Light

Ownage Omg

Ownage Omg

Posts: 14,364 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
I wonder if this is how everyone who left and then came back for a brief visit felt like, haha.
Yes. Rants was my home in 2014/2015 I have some fond memories.
CM Nick said :
As far as the big chains go, I'm still a Dominos man.
The lowest of the low!
Hardstyle
|
@OwnageRS
|
OSRS
|
U
K

18-Nov-2020 21:30:27 - Last edited on 18-Nov-2020 21:31:22 by Ownage Omg

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I didn't know whether to feel amusement or despair this morning when I read that the BBC have changed the lyrics to and old song (which is very popular in the UK over the festive period) in order to avoid "offence" to "some people".

Apparently there has been an outcry at the lyrics every year - first I've heard about that!! - due to it being overtly homophobic and misogynistic.

The vile song in question being 'Fairytale of New York'.

I ended by feeling irritation only; perhaps I am somewhat bilious at the amount of Control creeping into everyday life. It's bad enough being told for almost a year where I can go and who I can (mostly cannot) see but at least that is by an elected Government and there's a health reason for it.

But I don't ever recall electing the BBC to censor what I can hear to fit their own model of correctness.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

19-Nov-2020 10:00:54

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,613 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just heard about that and yep it's ridiculous.

It doesn't apply to all BBC radio though, I think it's Just Radio 1 that has to use the new version.

Radio 2 will play the original and on Radio 6 it's up to the presenters.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

19-Nov-2020 11:09:27 - Last edited on 19-Nov-2020 11:10:36 by Rooh

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,613 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They've always been that way, thinking they know what is best for the British public.

When "God save The Queen" (Sex Pistols) was number one, they just didn't mention it when they did the chart rundown. They denied its existence.

Same with Frankie Goes to Hollywood's "Relax".
Oddly though, those two songs now get played quite regularly.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

19-Nov-2020 12:04:44

Ownage Omg

Ownage Omg

Posts: 14,364 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
I didn't know whether to feel amusement or despair this morning when I read that the BBC have changed the lyrics to and old song (which is very popular in the UK over the festive period) in order to avoid "offence" to "some people".
This is one of the worst things about the 21st century. People don't seem to understand that the general perception of "offensive content" will inevitably change with time.
Censorship never solved anything.
Hardstyle
|
@OwnageRS
|
OSRS
|
U
K

20-Nov-2020 12:05:56

The contents of this message have been hidden.

21-Nov-2020 06:55:34

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top