Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Welllll, as RS is a fantasy game how about making it a fantasy story. You could be a shaman, witch, enchantress, whatever and use your arcane knowledge to craft a dream for a penniless orphan child which inspires the child to do something which makes their life a whole lot better.

Aye, cheesy.

Orrrr you could be some ordinary person who for some inexplicable reason can craft a dream, just one time only. So you make the dream about gene sequences, drug properties etc. and gift it to a Doctor who then discovers a cure for cancer/some nasty disease.

Or craft a dream and give it to a Scientist who remembers it and writes down a method of how to control the weather so no country will ever suffer drought/flood (thus starvation) ever again.

And so on.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

13-Aug-2020 14:57:00

Southeaster
Nov Member 2014

Southeaster

Posts: 15,320 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :
So, my sister runs a short story writing competition thing on a website called goodreads, and I told her I'd participate but I have no idea what to write for this prompt

The prompt is:

You have the ability to craft a dream and give it to someone, anyone. What do you create and whom do you give it to

WHAT THE FRICK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS
Craft a nightmare and give to your worst enemy.

Or to your friend as a prank.
Runescape Forumers Discord Server

13-Aug-2020 16:19:33

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah, true. Though I get the impression that I'm supposed to describe what the dream is and stuff
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

13-Aug-2020 17:25:40

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :
Yeah, true. Though I get the impression that I'm supposed to describe what the dream is and stuff
Well, I assume that's what they want you to do.

But, why not think outside of the box? Instead of writing about the dream, why not write about the person (or persons) that you're giving the dreams to, why you're doing it, and the outcome it has. The dream(s) itself can be a side thought, with the actual story revolving around your ability to infuse dreams into people's minds, and how you use it to make the world better/worse (depending if you're the protagonist or antagonist in the story).

And the twist of the entire story?

You're actually in a dream the whole time, a dream that someone else has induced into you.
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

13-Aug-2020 17:46:15

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is it normal to tell your life story to the mirror pretending to be a youtuber or is it just me
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

14-Aug-2020 19:04:34

Nex A Origin

Nex A Origin

Posts: 277 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm one of those people who has a mirror across from the toilet, so, that's where I practice a lot of my expressions.

So, I don't think weird at all.

Of course, I might be weird, so...
•••••
•••••
•••••
•••••
•••••
•••••
••••
••
••
••
••••
•••••
•••••
•••••
•••••
•••••
•••••

14-Aug-2020 23:12:50

Mr Brushie

Mr Brushie

Posts: 1,161 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nex A Origin said :
I'm one of those people who has a mirror across from the toilet, so, that's where I practice a lot of my expressions.

So, I don't think weird at all.

Of course, I might be weird, so...

You should go the distance and mirror your toilet .

14-Aug-2020 23:59:53

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top