Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could someone direct me to the post that changed the rules for this forum to include no politics? I'm totally cool with the change, but I'd like to know what else I may have missed or what is and isn't allowed now.

None of my posts were auctioned against or anything, but I did see one that was removed for politics and it makes me wonder.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

18-Mar-2020 16:32:33 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2020 16:48:13 by Averia Light

[#4V41FS013]

[#4V41FS013]

Posts: 112 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
Could someone direct me to the post that changed the rules for this forum to include no politics? I'm totally cool with the change, but I'd like to know what else I may have missed or what is and isn't allowed now.

None of my posts were auctioned against or anything, but I did see one that was removed for politics and it makes me wonder.

Rules change in dark, dingy rooms behind closed doors so nobody knows about it until after they take effect, like how politicians pass laws in America.
I'm happy to be here! :)

18-Mar-2020 17:03:30

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :

Political discussion is allowed in the Off-Topic forums, however it is moderated to a much more stringent standard than other topics, as political discussion can quickly become flaming wars, or tip-toe into unsavory waters.

However, in the future, if you disagree with any moderation actions taken, I'd recommend you please take them to Forum Moderation Review and not discuss them here.
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

18-Mar-2020 19:59:09 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2020 19:59:24 by CM Nick

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was asking to be directed towards where the rules changed so I could follow them as I originally thought my extremely tame post about hand soap and the POTUS was hidden for politics (it wasn't). I wasn't questioning it, because rules have changed plenty of times over the years and I'm not going to pretend that I keep up with all the changes. I also didn't see a change post stickied here, so I didn't know where to look.

But thanks for answering.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

18-Mar-2020 20:18:34

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ah, I understand - sorry for misinterpreting slightly!

But yes, to answer your question, there's been no change to the rules regarding political posts here, but they are moderated to a higher degree than others (as has always been the case since loosening the rules and allowing for political discussion here).
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

18-Mar-2020 20:39:49

Inspire you

Inspire you

Posts: 1,863 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What happened to the lady that was a frequent poster on the forums here & had quite particular opinions on certain subjects?

I think her name was Fafa or something.

Not asking to be a creep, I have a girlfriend.
Another renegade Rat-Lord from the Master pond of scum.

21-Mar-2020 11:22:54

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,589 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Inspire you said :
What happened to the lady that was a frequent poster on the forums here & had quite particular opinions on certain subjects?

Fifi? Haven't seen her recently, hope she's ok.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

21-Mar-2020 11:49:09

gozzzz

gozzzz

Posts: 473 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Inspire you said :

He/she's on a short holiday. He/she told me that on the 7th of March, IIRC, so probably still off on his/her trip.

21-Mar-2020 11:54:54

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top