Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Scouse said :
Well sod you all!!!!!!

We hit 23 and started complaining about it being far to hot and then had the added worry of hosepipe bans and it being against the law to have more than 1 shower per week!

Much love

Scouse - Stinks a bit

What CM Brandon says - that would be taking you back to the dark ages and you imagine the sickness that would occur for those that won't or don't know how to sponge bath :|

I just couldn't imagine a day without a hot shower...

That's shocking Scouse, they just can't do it, not in this day'n'age...
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

20-Jul-2019 09:43:06

CM Brandon

CM Brandon

Local Moderator Posts: 2,027 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/hosepipe-ban-2018-north-west-uk-explained-united-utilities-water-shortage-rules-a8450621.html

After reading up on one of those bans from last year, I can understand why they'd put those in place, but that had to have been brutal.

Luckily in Canada, there's so much water that I don't think I'll have to ever worry about one of those for a couple more decades.

With how hot and humid that it's been for the past week, I'd go nuts if I couldn't take more than one shower.

We did have a boil-water advisory in my neighbourhood the other day though. Those are pretty common in big cities, I guess.
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

Gitting Gud Since '19

20-Jul-2019 21:28:51

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

We have water usage bans too here in the summer periods - but not with showering, with using the hose to water your garden. Being wary of how much water you use in general - such as have 5-minute showers.

21-Jul-2019 04:33:29

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Generally in Montreal we don't have to worry about water except for when there's construction and there happens to be a temporary boil water advisory, which can happen like once or twice a summer like Brandon said.

However, sadly, Canada also still has situations like this water crisis in Northern Ontario, which are frankly ridiculously negligent and embarrassing on the government's part:

"Residents in the community roughly 360 kilometres north of Thunder Bay, Ont., obtain drinking water separately from three stations in the community or use bottled water.

They have been warned, however, to avoid long showers and reduce the amount of time they use to wash dishes. Boiling water is also not advised, as the steam could emit harmful chemicals into the air."

https://globalnews.ca/news/5500263/northern-ontario-first-nation-water-emergency/

21-Jul-2019 17:49:15

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

What boiling water not advised because it could emit harmful chemicals into the air <- what the hell is it doing to the body :O :O I have never heard anything as outrageous as this - that's absolutely shocking!! It sounds like water bottles is the safest option - what an expense :|

21-Jul-2019 18:15:21

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
What boiling water not advised because it could emit harmful chemicals into the air <- what the hell is it doing to the body :O :O I have never heard anything as outrageous as this - that's absolutely shocking!! It sounds like water bottles is the safest option - what an expense :|

Yeah it's terrible, and the government is barely even doing the bare minimum. It's sad :(

21-Jul-2019 18:23:27

CM Nick

CM Nick

Niyah said :
For a nation like Canada, that's absurd. The government should be taking more responsibility. Has there been any backlash?

In typical fashion they're doing just enough so they can say they're doing something, but not enough to make any real effective change. It's a sad state of affairs, but Canada has never really been good at addressing the needs of the indigenous population here... so not surprising, but still disappointing.

https://ipolitics.ca/2019/07/19/feds-ready-to-send-team-of-engineers-to-attawapiskat-but-chief-says-community-needs-more/

21-Jul-2019 20:22:01

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top