Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,600 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ Ready For It - Some things are not appropriate to be shared publicly. Your post on the previous page is an example of that and therefore has been removed. Let's keep it appropriate, thanks.
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

15-May-2019 21:47:56 - Last edited on 15-May-2019 21:48:26 by Tren

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There's a show in the UK on daytime TV (or at least there was, until recently) called The Jeremy Kyle Show. It's been axed because some guy killed himself after appearing on the show.

Anyway, as it's long-running and quite famous here I googled what happened (haven't watched it for years as it's actually crap).

So I read the blurb on it then was distracted by those ads down the sidebar about 'related' celebrity stories. As I had ten minutes to waste whilst eating my toast, I browsed.

Dayummm! I nearly choked with laughter. Some of the strange things that are deemed 'newsworthy' and some of the people dubbed 'celebrity'. I think I've just found my new breakfast entertainment go-to.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

16-May-2019 11:34:48

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I watched it several times, years ago. Fascination of the horrible was probably the draw for me.

But it has to be said that it was a massively watched bit of TV (pretty much like Jerry Springer, I guess).

My motivation was curiosity, in the main, which was quickly sated but given it's longevity and huge popularity I'm pondering why so many people watched it - and for such a very long time.

Maybe it made people feel better that so many others had lives worse than their own. Perhaps a little bit of guilty, ghoulish titillation at peeking into the trainwreck lives of the guests.

I dunno. People are odd sometimes.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

16-May-2019 14:32:34

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top