Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Southeaster said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
Why is there so much of making .... that .... noise in your neighbourhood in January or February? Except to annoy you, of course. There must be more to it than that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_dance
I thought it was something along these lines:
https://youtu.be/lDnS4pkmzis

I suppose it's subjective as to which is worse. :P
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

13-Dec-2018 08:15:17 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2018 08:18:11 by Nexus Origin

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I sometimes travel up to London with the Ole Man (it's not that far, for us) to watch the Chinese New Year celebrations ~ there's a section in Soho that's always been called Chinatown, and the Chinese people congregate there and do their thing.

It's fun to watch, very colourful and entertaining, and the Street food is good.

Not sure I'd like it quite so much if it were all going on right near my home, though!
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

13-Dec-2018 14:56:24

The contents of this message have been hidden.

13-Dec-2018 16:53:32

13-Dec-2018 17:29:10

huskys gf

huskys gf

Posts: 43 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
I sometimes travel up to London with the Ole Man (it's not that far, for us) to watch the Chinese New Year celebrations ~ there's a section in Soho that's always been called Chinatown, and the Chinese people congregate there and do their thing.

It's fun to watch, very colourful and entertaining, and the Street food is good.

Not sure I'd like it quite so much if it were all going on right near my home, though!

I am beyond jealous. I've never left the US but that sounds amazing. I definitely want to travel more and that sounds like something I may put down on my bucket list. I love their culture so much. q_q
Just call me Vee.

13-Dec-2018 20:39:47

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well the USA is ginormousssss compared to tiddly little Britain, so you can be a tourist in your own country probably for years yet :) I've only managed to get over there half a dozen times, and I'm practically a fossil now; there's loads there I'd like to see but most probably never will.

I have been to China but not at their New Year. It's also such a huge country so only saw the usual tourist bits. Their trains are pretty awful.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

13-Dec-2018 20:49:22

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Well the USA is ginormousssss compared to tiddly little Britain, so you can be a tourist in your own country probably for years yet :)
Canada is the same way, except not as much diversity (or so I perceive the US to be a lot more diverse with all the different states and whatnot). I often forget how small other countries are in comparison.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

13-Dec-2018 21:45:46

huskys gf

huskys gf

Posts: 43 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh no doubt! I'll be here for awhile but I'd still love to come out and visit other countries tbh. :~)
I've only been to a few states myself and I was absolutely amazed, I can only imagine what visiting another country is like.
Just call me Vee.

13-Dec-2018 22:10:58

14-Dec-2018 01:01:56

14-Dec-2018 01:17:39

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top