Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Nosword

Nosword

Posts: 49,796 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i dont understand invention at all. got 99 3 days after the skill came out without any effort or enjoyment. it was an interesting experience to see all the phat merchers fill front page with 200ms in no time at all

makes me wonder what a new skill release on osrs would be like tho. probably just the same thing
Old School

16-Mar-2018 14:13:14

Ghazgkull

Ghazgkull

Posts: 9,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nosword said :
i dont understand invention at all. got 99 3 days after the skill came out without any effort or enjoyment. it was an interesting experience to see all the phat merchers fill front page with 200ms in no time at all

makes me wonder what a new skill release on osrs would be like tho. probably just the same thing

The difference would be that the achievements would supposedly matter simply because osrs is "harder". ;)
WAAAGH!!!

16-Mar-2018 14:30:06

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Invention is a bit silly. I just augment everything/anything I can and go about my usual activities. Then siphon or disassemble from time to time. Time and cost is very little - I don't even think about training Invention. It pretty much trains itself.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

16-Mar-2018 15:01:49

Ghazgkull

Ghazgkull

Posts: 9,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Invention is a bit silly. I just augment everything/anything I can and go about my usual activities. Then siphon or disassemble from time to time. Time and cost is very little - I don't even think about training Invention. It pretty much trains itself.

I haven't siphoned anything in a longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time :(
WAAAGH!!!

16-Mar-2018 15:18:59

Posts: 5,208 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Invention is indeed silly, from a RL engineering viewpoint.
From a Runescape viewpoint invention does make sense if you are e.g. trying to save money or boss.

A tier 92 weapons, http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Khopesh_of_Tumeken, is being repaired for 3.2 M. An augmented version does not need to be repaired. The argue whether the time invested to gather energy and simple parts to create charges vs. the time to accumulate coins to repair is valid.

As for e.g. http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Tectonic_armour, this armour will degrade to dust after a certain amount of usage. Meaning it needs to be rebought / recrafted. It can either be dyed, which then only requires tectonic energy. Who has approx. 1 B though? The other option is to augment is, saving the hassle of rebuying it.

The main goal of augmentation is to gamble and find the optimum perk settings in order to kill (or tank) a boss faster (or more effective).

Invention is the fastest skill trained to 99, the record was beaten, but it is the most time consuming when it comes to finding the right parts, such as parts augmentors, the task tree, e.g. pious parts, etc. pp..

It is most definitly an expensive skill, especially when taking apart Noxious equipment, GWD2 equipment; Ilujankan components (Aftershock), Explosive components (Crackling), Biting.

If you just want to have fun and don't like invention that much, I highly recommend seeking a cabbage field for Brassican components and adding Hallucinogenic and Talking to your items.
`·¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸`·¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸
2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™
¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸·´¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸·´

16-Mar-2018 15:34:09

Posts: 5,208 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ghazgkull said :
FiFi LaFeles said :

I haven't siphoned anything in a longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time :(

Make a Fish-O-Matic and catch some fish. Take it apart at level 9.

Siphoning: Difference to taking it apart, meaning that your item will still be existant after removing all the experience from it, setting it back to level 0/1. Makes sense if you have drygors or a khopesh.
`·¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸`·¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸
2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™
¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸·´¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸·´

16-Mar-2018 15:41:12

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top