Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
Averia Light said :
The real shower thoughts question is......

Is breastmilk vegan????
Is the breast on a vegetable?

But innit a product from an animal?
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

09-Sep-2017 22:22:05 - Last edited on 09-Sep-2017 22:22:44 by Averia Light

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raleirosen said :
In your analogy, my "You're completely wrong" statement would be referring to you making a claim without evidence, not the claim that the ball is red.
So rather than "you're completely wrong", you more or less meant "you don't have evidence". A lack of evidence doesn't mean I'm wrong, it just means I can't prove it. But I could be 100% correct, even without evidence. I just can't prove it until the box is opened, at which point you owe me a coke. ^_^
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

09-Sep-2017 22:23:16 - Last edited on 09-Sep-2017 22:23:43 by Nexus Origin

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
So you believe it was simply random chance?
Based on my own subjective criteria, yes, that is the explanation that appeals to me the most.
Nexus Origin said :
So rather than "you're completely wrong", you more or less meant "you don't have evidence". A lack of evidence doesn't mean I'm wrong, it just means I can't prove it. But I could be 100% correct, even without evidence. I just can't prove it until the box is opened, at which point you owe me a coke. ^_^
If you want to take solace in that, then sure. As long as you're comfortable with the probability that it won't be confirmed one way or the other within your lifetime. :^)
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

09-Sep-2017 22:24:16 - Last edited on 09-Sep-2017 22:27:04 by Raleirosen

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Raleirosen said :
Nexus Origin said :
So you believe it was simply random chance?
Based on my own subjective criteria, yes, that is the explanation that appeals to me the most.
Fair enough. :)

Raleirosen said :
If you want to take solace in that, then sure. As long as you're comfortable with the probability that it won't be confirmed one way or the other within your lifetime. :^)
I'm agnostic, so I've already accepted that there will probably never be any proof, and that the lack of proof does not mean a lack of existence. I neither believe nor disbelieve. I'm open to all speculation. :)
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

09-Sep-2017 23:14:43

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raleirosen said :
I'm not a cosmologist, any opinion I'd express would be totally speculative. Random chance is as good an explanation as any (and I appreciate the whimsical quality of it).

Can always study Degrasse Tyson or Sagan :B

But yea, I kinda guessed the argument would go down to random chance vs creator.

Way I personally see it: It took us to Galileo (one could also argue Copernicus here) to disprove Aristotle, which was easily over 2000 years of "we don't know", so to argue such rhetoric would be fruitless and hence I choose to suspend any and all belief until I am confronted with irrefutable evidence.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

10-Sep-2017 00:28:17

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

With humans being over 7 million years old, you have to wonder how many times we've had the "answer", and how many times it has been lost over the years...
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

10-Sep-2017 00:37:11

Raleirosen

Raleirosen

Posts: 5,069 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
Can always study Degrasse Tyson or Sagan :B
Neither can/could answer the question of where the Big Bang came from, which I'd consider to be the ultimate answer to where natural laws come from. Course, there could be something before what came before the Big Bang, and something before that, and something before that, and so on.
Nexus Origin said :
With humans being over 7 million years old, you have to wonder how many times we've had the "answer", and how many times it has been lost over the years...
That doesn't discount what knowledge we have right now.
Patrolling Lore FC almost makes you wish for a Great Revision.

10-Sep-2017 00:43:39 - Last edited on 10-Sep-2017 00:48:58 by Raleirosen

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Raleirosen said :
Nexus Origin said :
That doesn't discount what knowledge we have right now.
But we don't have the answer right now?

It's hard to determine what level of intelligence our ancient ancestors had. They may have had knowledge that completely contradicts current teachings, based on things we have no way of comprehending with our current knowledge, and being 100% accurate and true.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_