Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
People trying to revive the forums through vitriol really are so cute.

I'm very happy with my Fairy team on Pokemon Moon so far, it's much faster and more aggressive than the one I have on X. And work is getting busy now, I might just be getting a baptism in my own sweat soon.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

15-Aug-2017 22:21:58

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now Catweazle hates me...

No, dear. I thought I'd already made it clear you're not even interesting enough to engender a feeling as strong as hate. I believe I stated something along the lines of 'mild disdain'. So don't flatter yourself.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

15-Aug-2017 22:30:04

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Wilf said :
Been busy getting our old Ted20 (1952) tractor running .....

Being nosey, I had to get some images up for that. What a funny little thing! Something you had hanging around in a barn, (rather, your Dad-who-never-throws-anything-away) or something you bought for the project?
Le Chat Guerrier

15-Aug-2017 22:32:04

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Wilf said :
Been busy getting our old Ted20 (1952) tractor running .....

Being nosey, I had to get some images up for that. What a funny little thing! Something you had hanging around in a barn, (rather, your Dad-who-never-throws-anything-away) or something you bought for the project?

He bought it 6 years ago from an associate who had planned on restoring it but never got round to it he brought on a trailer drove it into a barn 6 years ago and it's been stood since of course it somehow managed to deteriorate more in those 6 years than it had the previous 50~

Has come in use at last though

I've a notion of getting it looking nice enough to take to shows/rallies. There is a local one on the 20th but I won't have the brakes working by then lol

15-Aug-2017 22:49:34 - Last edited on 15-Aug-2017 22:49:54 by Wilf

Shady Nick

Shady Nick

Posts: 16,272 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
I don't think anything can match the days of Lava and co and everything else in-between. I do sometimes wonder if she's changed, or if she still carries herself the same way she did back then. I mean, it was a long time ago - people can change.

As for anyone out there that can come close to the rivalry you had with her, no. The forums are way too lifeless for that to happen. You can likely find it elsewhere if you looked hard enough.

I miss it =[

15-Aug-2017 22:49:59

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

I suspected Da might have something to do with it, lol ! I googled some images and there's a few of restored Teds, they look very smart. I may adopt one, given many of family called me Ted.

I had a bit of a thing a few years back when I was mad keen on going to the County Shows to see restored steamrollers ~ don't ask why, I have no idea. Prior to that it was steam organs. Maybe I like strange old things because I am one.

Whoa! ammunition.
Le Chat Guerrier

15-Aug-2017 22:55:09

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wilf said :
Been busy getting our old Ted20 (1952) tractor running after a couple of weeks of tinkering on an evening working my way down the chain from electrics and fuel (annoying as I had to pay postage many times for the next part) I finally got it running on Saturday. New plugs and distributor was the final thing and started lovely.

I'm not brave enough to recondition the engine myself did the timing ok though.

Needed something to tow the leaf collector I built last year and autumn is nearly upon us

Been a fun little project thus far.

I don't know why, but you tinkering with an elderly tractor brought to mind the death of young John Archer; be careful out there, them old tractors be out to get ya!
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

15-Aug-2017 22:55:48

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I miss the activity of the forums as a whole. There just isn't much to post on anymore, not like before anyway.

I use Reddit to satisfy my need to post on something most of the time, but I dislike its karma system.

15-Aug-2017 22:56:10

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top