Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's disgusting, to be honest.

Like, I just want proof that the sources are valid. It's not difficult to gather proof regarding the validity of a claim.

Like I legitimately want to discuss it, but so far, I've been accused of:

Mistranslating

Not knowing the scientific method

Not reading

etc etc etc.

I could actually report him for flaming, but that'd be complimenting him if I did so.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

02-Jul-2017 07:58:23

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Luckily, none of my professors had their heads so far up their ass like that, but it just reminds me why these people are in academia instead of the real world in the private sector :) "Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

02-Jul-2017 10:17:49

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Ancient Drew said :
He posted on the LGBT thread that it's because he's bored. Ergo, it's trolling, disrespecting Chief Elf who's a fantastic person, out of boredom. So I don't pay too much attention to what he says.

People like him are why people have disdain towards the LGBT+ movement. Glad as fuck he decided to lock his thread. Damned pseudo-intellectual.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

02-Jul-2017 14:40:09

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

I mean, he is a supposed scientist with post-graduate education who said he couldn't find a source that was explicitly linked in an article (and was in the first fucking line might I add) and was a very short Google search away, then tried to say I misquoted post facto due to his inability to see hyperlink/use a search engine.

For a scientist and alleged intellectual, that is piss poor argumentation and should really be ashamed of himself. If that is "disparaging someone's intelligence", then I don't know what to say.

02-Jul-2017 16:11:27 - Last edited on 02-Jul-2017 16:14:32 by Team Skull

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Also, look at his edited in comment in the OP. Just let that sink in: that is who you are trying to defend- someone who wishes GENOCIDE on the people who disagreed with him. If that doesn't reek of, at the absolute least, a God Complex (if not outright narcissism), then I don't know what does, and really speaks volumes about you for trying to defend him. "Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

02-Jul-2017 16:18:52

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
Ancient Drew said :
He posted on the LGBT thread that it's because he's bored. Ergo, it's trolling, disrespecting Chief Elf who's a fantastic person, out of boredom. So I don't pay too much attention to what he says.

People like him are why people have disdain towards the LGBT+ movement. Glad as fuck he decided to lock his thread. Damned pseudo-intellectual.
It's even worse that he's pushed the stigma wider and disrespected someone who is actually intelligent on top of being really nice. Out of boredom. We're already aware of and accept LGBT, we don't need things shoved down our throats. I'm all for equality, but that is exactly why nobody should claim supremacy in this day and age. It's been nearly two decades since a new millennium started for the love of Christ.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

02-Jul-2017 16:20:25

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top