Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Team Skull - I don't see you anymore or less intelligent than anyone else that uses these forums. You are just another forumer who has views, the same as or different than others - yes you throw around the word intellect often and I am presuming, not sure though, if that is because of your own insecurities??
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

23-Jun-2017 00:31:53

Volkisch

Volkisch

Posts: 1,595 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How do you guys time travel? It's 11:00 am. Stop with the time warps. [qu.ote id=23-24-312-63626936-13867-341770025*[quot.e id=23-24-703-65953575-104-341769920*what devastatingly undeveloped senses of humor you all have
can't even screencap this **** it's so stupid[/qu.ote]

can somebody put this in their sig[/.quote]

23-Jun-2017 16:05:16

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Motherly - I think it is anti-semantic talk that gets threads hidden?

I think I saw some on your nationalism thread, too, but it is hard to know.

Edit: And I just saw my newborn drift off to sleep after fighting it for 5 minutes. Means I'm out too, xoxo
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

23-Jun-2017 16:35:54 - Last edited on 23-Jun-2017 16:38:11 by Averia Light

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shady Nick said :

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement, but it directly contradicts your rhetoric on the previous pages. The use of indirect ad hominem to attack someone's relative intelligence level post argument/debate is usually perceived as self-consciousness. What you say may be 100% accurate and true to reality, but the act of preaching it is what causes the negative connotation.

Key word being usually. As I said, unlike most people who think they are intelligent, I actually have the hard data to show I am. If people have an issue with that, well I don't know what to say.

I actually think it's more reflective of someone on their insecurities to respond to people making subliminal swings, considering they're not being named directly.

Shady Nick said :

I'm showing you this not in an accusatory way, but in a third-party perspective. You may or may not ask yourself "What would ______ think of my statement" before you post, which while being not necessary may give you context.

I find such rhetoric to be meaningless- no matter what one says, there's always going to be someone who will hate the words simply due to either the source that is saying it, they disagree with it and aren't willing to listen to the opposite viewpoint, or they're just that kind of person who wants to watch the world burn. Therefore, why would I waste my time with frills, rainbows, and cookies in my diction to avoid causing offense when that ultimately doesn't help progress?
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

23-Jun-2017 17:31:28

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I generally do my best to defuse conflict whenever I can, but I will call people out if they're being completely anal for the sake of it, whether it's down to sheer arrogance or just wanting to watch the world burn. Some might actually be genuinely offended and as such I apologise firsthand most if not all of the time. But when they won't stop and just play all the cards that they can just for their little drama show, I stop bothering. Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

23-Jun-2017 17:42:17

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top