Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry, I was waiting for Beast to post but anyone can answer.

Can you tell me more about aggressive autistic behavior? Like, what are triggers and should I, as a 39 week pregnant person, be scared of it?

I kinda looked it up and I have seen some episodes first hand but idk if my fear is rational or irrational. I'm kind of scared that I'll be sleeping and something bad will happen.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

03-Jun-2017 11:22:12 - Last edited on 03-Jun-2017 11:29:14 by Averia Light

saddha

saddha

Posts: 4,181 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
Sorry, I was waiting for Beast to post but anyone can answer.

Can you tell me more about aggressive autistic behavior? Like, what are triggers and should I, as a 39 week pregnant person, be scared of it?

I kinda looked it up and I have seen some episodes first hand but idk if my fear is rational or irrational. I'm kind of scared that I'll be sleeping and something bad will happen.

http://www.autismspeaks.org/sites/default/files/challenging_behaviors_tool_kit.pdf
https://www.autismspeaks.org/sites/default/files/section_1.pdf
https://www.bu.edu/autism/files/2010/03/2007-Dominick-et-al-Atypical-RIDD1.pdf

Not sure what I'm looking into atm, you should seek advice from your physician. Normally it's perfectly OK to be nervous. Especially a first child is a challenge and you want nothing to go wrong.
You best choice is to see a physician and seek council on all those things, they have the academic expertise to (re)ensure you that everything is just fine. :)
Burgers anyone?
Om amideva hrih

03-Jun-2017 14:03:33

Averia Light

Averia Light

Well it isn't my kid and although I do have a pediatrician, it isn't like we've talked about another person's kid.

And I'll look onto those to see if they talk about the risks to everyone else (a ton of websites just don't talk about it, tbh)

03-Jun-2017 14:12:05 - Last edited on 03-Jun-2017 14:22:20 by Averia Light

Averia Light

Averia Light

See, after getting to the 30th page (of 84), I can see that the first source is all about understanding and, well, parenting, someone with aggressive behaviors. A ton of sources are like this, which isn't bad, but unfortunately it doesn't help. I can understand why the behavior is happening, but I am not the parent, I can't parent this away. I see the kid every other weekend. I definitely appreciate you trying to help though! (People on other platforms are quick to give me a whole psyche eval and are overall, useless)

I am looking for something that will tell me straight up if an autistic kid can cope with a newborn or something similar. I know a trigger can be noise, but would he hurt the newborn to cope with the situation?

I can go sleep at my parents with the kid when he is around, but if there just aren't statistics or information to back up my fears, then I don't want to. I just can't find sources on it.

03-Jun-2017 14:39:37 - Last edited on 03-Jun-2017 14:44:36 by Averia Light

saddha

saddha

Posts: 4,181 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
Well it isn't my kid and although I do have a pediatrician, it isn't like we've talked about another person's kid.

And I'll look onto those to see if they talk about the risks to everyone else (a ton of websites just don't talk about it, tbh)

Ah, I think I understand. Same roof, your guard is down. Gotcha.

Maybe this book helps?

Journal
The Psychoanalytic Study of the Child
Volume 7, 1952 - Issue 1

On Child Psychosis and Schizophrenia
Autistic and Symbiotic Infantile Psychoses
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00797308.1952.11823164?journalCode=upsc20
Burgers anyone?
Om amideva hrih

03-Jun-2017 14:39:37

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top