Forums

Alchemy click reduction

Quick find code: 185-186-511-66277614

ReGuardian54
Apr Member 2023

ReGuardian54

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alchemy requiring constant clicking or tapping is perfectly fine when I can be at my computer full-time, as I can do other things on my phone while plying one-handed with Mouse Keys (End for high alchemy hotkey and Numpad 5 for left click).

Alchemy is not doable when I typically need both hands, such as making meals, unlike a number of other activities which ARE doable.

I can do smithing with a stack of queued items (using my nose on my mobile's screen when necessary, if my hands are dirty), or firemaking at a brazier (using my nose to bank and retrieve preset if hands dirty), as those are long-duration tasks. However, when power-grinding crafting using alchemy to recover funds, the click intensity is a real pain when I need to do something else.

Could we get a "Alchemize X of this item" option where it casts in sequence? Obviously the X would be restricted to less than 100 (on noted or stacking items) by the 5-minute auto-return to lobby if AFK and 3 seconds per cast, but it would make alchemy doable while cooking where I could queue 80 casts (4 minutes) at a time with my nose (or pinky finger if clean enough) and listen for the cue of needing to re-queue.

Oh well, time to go smith another inventory of rune armour sets while cooking breakfast (stir-fried egg, potato and carrot, to be mixed with rice, because making enough for several meals at once means my pans are too small for fried rice)...

EDIT: It only took long enough to do 5 of each of the base items in the set and get the platbodies up to +1 to get to the "let food simmer" stage so didn't have my nose to the phone grind wheel for too long.

02-Apr-2023 14:06:26 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2023 15:13:48 by ReGuardian54

SlR
Nov Member 2020

SlR

Posts: 4,378 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think a lot of players would love this. It doesn't help our inflation problem though, so I 'support' this but 'with conditions'. If we could batch alch 5x items per 'spell' that might be a good compromise? It'd take the click intensity from high to medium. Same rune cost, etc. Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

02-Apr-2023 14:19:12 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2023 14:20:49 by SlR

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
According to their newspost back in January Alch Machines are the biggest contributor of inflation. Manual alching is ranked 3 - and that's despite it being a not super engaging process. Considering most actions can be automated, it makes sense for alching as well - but I could more than imagine manual alching will brutally surpass the machines if you just could go afk for 5 minutes.

There are two possible solutions I guess:

- It's a feature exclusive for low level alchemy. So you can do five minutes of whatever, but you generate less coins as compensation.
- It's a feature for some higher levelled alchemy spell unlocked in some fashion, which consumes more nature runes to be used, which certainly allows you to generate more coins than before to heat up the inflation, but will deeply cut into your actual profits.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

02-Apr-2023 14:56:25

ReGuardian54
Apr Member 2023

ReGuardian54

How does "it takes three times as long between casts" sound as a compromise?

Because then you could queue up to 33 casts but it's VASTLY slower compared to folks who have available hands to End-Numpad5 (using Mouse Keys and setting the keybind for high alchemy's action bar slot to End or \ depending on keyboard layout) on a stack of notes.

02-Apr-2023 15:16:08 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2023 15:20:19 by ReGuardian54

SlR
Nov Member 2020

SlR

Posts: 4,378 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ReGuardian54 said :
How does "it takes three times as long between casts" sound as a compromise?

Because then you could queue up to 33 casts but it's VASTLY slower compared to folks who have available hands to End-Numpad5 (using Mouse Keys and setting the keybind for high alchemy's action bar slot to End or \ depending on keyboard layout) on a stack of notes.

Yeah maybe! I can see a lot of people creating alt accounts and bot farms though, if this were a thing. But I guess they'd get caught and that would dunk a lot of alchables from the game! The fewer times they have to click, the less chance they get caught (as far as I understand) so I can see why it is the way it is. If they changed it, it'd have to be subtle I think. Who knows.
Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

02-Apr-2023 15:58:32 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2023 16:08:54 by SlR

ReGuardian54
Apr Member 2023

ReGuardian54

SlR said :
I can see a lot of people creating alt accounts and bot farms though, if this were a thing. But I guess they'd get caught and that would dunk a lot of alchables from the game! The fewer times they have to click, the less chance they get caught (as far as I understand) so I can see why it is the way it is. If they changed it, it'd have to be subtle I think. Who knows.

The alchemy clickfest was so bad I looked into getting an auto clicker, but then I remembered to check the rules for Runescape and found it was not permitted.

So it's back to smithing more rune +3 sets while making meals for me. No great loss as I'll be using those for burial sets during the next Yak Track in the summer, but still annoys me that I can't power pump Crafting by the method I added to the wiki last night (https://runescape.wiki/w/Free-to-play_Crafting_training#Level_72-99_-_Blue_dragonhide_shields I added the not-bleeding-cash section)

02-Apr-2023 17:04:31

Posts: 36,620 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nah, alching has always been this and we don't need to make the game even easier!
If you can't play and do real life stuffs at the same time then better not playing!
If alch X existed then a lot of people will alch more and many items will go down in value!

03-Apr-2023 21:53:01

Quick find code: 185-186-511-66277614 Back to Top