Forums

Gourmet Cooking Skill?

Quick find code: 185-186-400-66280087

Guthixnaruto
Mar Member 2023

Guthixnaruto

Posts: 35 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We already have Invention, but how about another elite skill called Gourmet Cooking? This type of elite cooking requires level 80 in cooking, herblore, and summoning. Not only do gourmet meals heal you, but they also provide special benefits, such as increasing combat skills, increasing HP regeneration, restoring prayer and summoning points, and sometimes even summoning a spirit of the meal you just ate to fight by your side! Here are some examples of gourmet meals:

Cod fillet: Mixing breadcrumbs and cod together is the first gourmet meal. Top it off with clean Marrentil and you'll get a cod fillet. Eating the cod fillet restores HP and gives you 15% adrenaline rather than taking any adrenaline away.

Karamja surf-n-turf: Combining raw beef with raw tuna and clean Irit gives you the uncooked Karamja Surf-n-Turf. Cook it and top it with spices to get a gourmet meal that not only restores HP, but also restores 25% of your run energy and temporarily boosts your defense skill!

Holy Mackerel: Mixing two raw mackerels together and topping it with clean Snapdragon gives you the raw Holy Mackerel, which lives up to its namesake! Cooking this gourmet meal gives you a meal that restores HP and prayer points as well as making your prayers twice as effective for a short period of time!

Divine Garden Salad: Mixing clean guam, harralander, spirit weed, and marrentil in a bowl will give you the unfinished Divine Garden Salad. The dressing is made by adding neem oil to the salad. Once it's done, you can eat the salad to not only restore HP, but also temporarily increase your divination and prayer skills! Even though prayer is a combat skill, the Divine Garden Salad won't increase your combat level.

Any other gourmet recipes are welcome!

14-May-2023 17:28:07

Kopaka
Dec Member 2023

Kopaka

Posts: 3,578 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
More food items: Generally a good idea. Adds immersion.

More food effects: Use sparingly. This can easily be overdone. We already have a lot of consumables with special effects, especially if you look at cooking and herblore combined. If it's a good new idea then I'm all for it. Most of the ideas you listed already exist as a potion or food item. (for instance Sushi giving HP regen)

New Elite Skill: I see this as unnecessary. Cooking already has simple dishes and complex dishes. There isn't a good reason, in my estimation, to add a "special cooking" skill. There is nothing stopping it from just being added in to the cooking skill as-is.

15-May-2023 07:57:07

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have to agree with Kopoka.

No harm in making new, complex foods. (depends on how you count pies, pizza, cake, stew, curry, the primal feast/meals)
But I don't think you'll be able to make an elite skill out of it.

Kopoka and 333333333 are right in there are already a lot of ways to boost your LP total. Don't forget, there are armors and capes that increase your LP total too. Superior Ports Armor and the Legends Cape for example.

16-May-2023 12:59:38

Quick find code: 185-186-400-66280087 Back to Top