Forums

Simple fix to bring back OSRS

Quick find code: 185-186-126-66279866

Havoc Angel

Havoc Angel

Posts: 119 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What Jagex needs to do in order to incentivize OSRS players to join RS4.

1. Add incentives into OSRS for players who play RS3 actively to incentivize players to come to the new Runescape game releases in the future. If players got unlocks in OSRS for playing RS3 then it may make them consider playing.

2. Combine the best of both worlds, mixed with extreme HD graphics that but not too change which makes RS not look like the original RS we all have come to love. OSRS players think RS3 looks too much like Wizard 101 and Warcraft so the designs can't stray too much from the original game.

3. Make the original weapons and specials somehow relevant to the game again in some way.

4. Turn PVP into an actual skill and rebirth the PVP community.

5. The launch of RS4 on consoles.

6. The ability to play Runescape with console controllers.

7. Increased advertisements towards the younger generation of kids nowadays because RS needs some fresh noobs who know absolutely nothing about the game.
A Dreamer, and Gielinor citizen.

10-May-2023 21:04:24 - Last edited on 10-May-2023 21:06:03 by Havoc Angel

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

Posts: 10,747 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1. I doubt that will work. I'm not gonna play a game I don't like for rewards in another.

2. What? A third game? And split up the community even further? Or combine them together, which is impossible because they evolved so far away from each other?

3. Special attacks are a part of EoC now in case you didn't know.

4. As per your other thread: no. People will just 'cheat' their way to max level.

5. I don't see how RS can be played on consoles easily. It's designed for a computer (and mobile is similar enough), and has lots of buttons, too much for a console. Also, how will you move the cursor? With a joystick? Seems awkwards...

6. Equals 5.

7. There are ads already. Keep in mind that RS has a minimum age requirement.
Kings Eastwood in
THE GLOOP , THE BWIAN , and THE WIKI
music by Trewavio Morricone

YOU-KNOW-WHO
GO
YOU-KNOW-WHAT
YOURSELF!

11-May-2023 16:06:19

jamielynn
Jun Member 2023

jamielynn

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
when EOC came out people were fuming. to me it did feel complicated and it wasnt until recently that i got the hang of it..

and it just so happens jagex had an 07 rs code which is when i believe osrs came out... that and the treasure hunter is what pushed players away.

there are 07 players coming back, QOL seems to be the main reason according to yt. on rs3 people can switch to legacy mode.. hell even play legacy mode with ironman mode activated that way they arent able to buy keys if the urge came

28-Jun-2023 11:42:16

Quick find code: 185-186-126-66279866 Back to Top