Forums

RuneScape Music

Quick find code: 181-182-424-62359171

Masons

Masons

Posts: 1,557 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I do not usually like listening to MIDI music which i know is what you guys are limited to (unfortunately) though I do love RuneScape music for some reason. Some music just completely fits where you are or what you are doing. I've got to agree with most people and say Animal Apogee is pretty awesome, but I absolutely love the Zaros themed songs, 'Zaros Stirs' and 'Zaros Zeitgeist'. Such mysterious music for a god that has little known about him.
I also really enjoyed the Music of Nomad's Requiem (including 'The Waiting Game' at Soul Wars) 'Desolate Ruins' and who could forget 'Battle of Souls'. That was just epic while fighting Nomad (although i had to mute it eventually to concentrate XD)
Some of the God Wars music in general is pretty awesome too. they really bring the music in General Graardor's room to an intense level from where it began in 'Goblin Village' (i think?)
Also, a quick question: in the near future will you be upgrading to orchestral? I would love to see this, this would make the music (and the game experience) A WHOLE Lot better. I dont want to compare but i have had a little go at World of Warcraft, and the music in that game is absolutely amazing. I dont play it anymore but i have all the soundtracks for each expansion.
I think RuneScape could be brought up to an epic(er) level if you guys went orchestral. :P Any chances of that soon? :D
-Toast

19-Jan-2012 13:23:56 - Last edited on 19-Jan-2012 13:26:53 by Masons

Epthelyn
Aug Member 2023

Epthelyn

Posts: 3,336 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Toast King
Jagex have already proven an ability to record real sounds into the game (One piercing note), and so probably :P Even without orchestral soundtracks, MIDI is great. It's clear that the music has steadily developed over the years and all in a format that doesn't usually give the best sound.
It would be nice to see some different kind of music though. Java isn't limited to MIDI after all, although RuneScape might be because of the way it's written.

22-Jan-2012 12:06:51

Quick find code: 181-182-424-62359171 Back to Top