Forums

RuneScape Music

Quick find code: 181-182-424-62359171

Tech Knows

Tech Knows

Posts: 2,121 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd just like to say this:
I am a music-lover and will be going to college as a music major. And I used to hate how cheesy the old in-game music sounded (all those MIDI sounds).
That being said, when I listened for the first time to the newer music you guys have brought out with the quests and such, I have started to fall in love with the RuneScape music, as it all sounds so much more realistic and actually adds to the mood instead of taking away because the sounds were so cheesy.
As a percussionist, I've loved all of the heavy percussion-based songs with leading Marimba melodies (which surprisingly is most of the newer music that you guys have been putting into the game). Anyways, I think if you guys went back and revamped the old songs at least with this more realistic sound engine (if that's possible), the music would be more appealing to more people.
Moreover, I love the ambience music and sounds that have been added in certain areas, I've actually gotten scared in a few instances (as scared as you can be playing a game) by just the eerie background sounds/music in some areas/quests.
So bravo, I love to see you guys are really giving more effect with the music and sounds. Again, as a musician, this is a huge improvement in the game in my eyes. I earlier tried to find contact information for the audio team (or at least the head), so I could compliment you more personally and have more than 2000 characters. =P
Thanks!
P.S. If I have to say a favorite track, it'd probably be any of the ones from Song from the Depths. "Weaving," "Long Road," etc. Or any with that low marimba register from the Carnillean Rising quest.

12-Aug-2012 06:50:33 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2012 06:52:03 by Tech Knows

Frutzak

Frutzak

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like the songs that remind me of my noob days:
Forever
Long Way Home
Newbie Melody (my all time favorite)
Scape Cave
Scape Original
Scape Soft
Wonder (and basically all the other wilderness songs)
(...)
Those were the days ^^
Monkey Madness songs are pretty nice as well, I really enjoyed that quest

13-Aug-2012 14:26:29 - Last edited on 13-Aug-2012 14:33:44 by Frutzak

[#QTW681H9L]

[#QTW681H9L]

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
OH!!! My ears are tingling. There are many very well composed tracks to choose from but I haven't been around the block enough to have heard all the tracks.
I unlocked a music track called "Garden of Spring" from the Sorceress's Garden and I loved it! I can understand why the Garden is so populated with such a fun bright and cheery feel that makes one want to dance around.
Jagex keep up the good work with the audio and I'll be a happy birdie.
~Wendy Nightingale

16-Aug-2012 00:26:54

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Newbie Melody! <3 <3 <3
And anything epic, epic battles particularly! :D Return of Lucien and the Tzhaar Musics! ^_^
Would love it actually if we could make music requests, if they were at all possible, to make a few tunes for videos etc hehe. Sort of like a Akhet's Theme, Shemu's Theme, etc, where your players would maybe provide descriptions of what they'd like the music to sound like etc. Or just some pointers in the right direction on some easy to use music software would be epic too. ^_^

18-Aug-2012 20:08:25 - Last edited on 18-Aug-2012 20:09:13 by Sagzee

Quick find code: 181-182-424-62359171 Back to Top