Forums

Forum Moderator Appreciation. Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 181-182-399-64817577

Vera

Vera

Posts: 16,334 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My utmost admiration for Ms Toxicity!!

I just read one of her lock posts, and the way she explained her decision seemed so effortlessly respectful and eloquent.

- She empathizes with the OP, which is important not only because it encourages thoughtful posting in reciprocation to her kindness, but also because oftentimes new posters and potential forumers are discouraged by the "toxic" responses they receive from seasoned forumers who couldn't care less about their feelings. (Btw heh teh irony, Ms Toxicity, hardy har har)

- Ms Toxicity also takes the time to thoughtfully type out explanation as to why she hides or locks things. This helps people learn from their mistakes and to understand the forum rules--not only just what they were, but also why they were in place, and understanding "why" always makes things more understandable and easier to remember.

Ms Toxicity, what is your background, or your upbringing, how did you become so skilled at posting? Literally if I tell someone that I like something of theirs/that they're wearing AND ask where they got it from, then my feelings are as genuine as they can get, which is analogous to my respect for Ms Toxicity.

I also wanted to let the other fmods know that I still appreciate you, and if I don't mention you by name, or rather, if you don't get mentioned by name in general, that doesn't lessen your significance. Thank you for volunteering and for your personal sacrifices that go unnoticed :) (for example being held to higher posting standards)
VIVLOVESVIX
(click mee)

Very Vera | Join Nomad ! | Inform Yourselves | Forum Help

29-Dec-2015 10:25:34 - Last edited on 02-Feb-2016 08:38:29 by Vera

Mexk
Aug
fmod Member

Mexk

Forum Moderator Posts: 19,606 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you, Stevie and Zion!
¸,.•
Mexk
•.,¸

Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone
¨`'°«„¸¸„»°'
'°«„¸¸„»°'´¨

30-Dec-2015 14:20:47

Vera

Vera

Posts: 16,334 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quick shoutout to Tranquility :)

Her posts are genuinely helpful, and not just by "fmod standards," but by "posting standards" as well, to the point that it was surprising, and the reason why I wanted to acknowledge her on this thread. (I just recently returned, so my view of fmods is still developing--no offense meant when I say that her posting meaningful player contributions was surprising for an fmod.)

Though to be honest, a few days ago I actually thought her posts were really brusque and borderline rude, but my opinion of them has surprisingly been changing quickly. Whether because back then I caught her in a more rushed mood, or probably because seeing her post as a fellow player has changed how I read her posts.

A few of her posts I saw that brought me to think this way was when she inputted on a thread regarding cheap herblore methods . I was like "dang that's actually a really cheap and decent method," and even though it didn't take that much to type, it was such a great idea and I really appreciated her sharing it.

She also had meaningful input on a thread I created requesting to make stickies show up in search results by default, because currently you have to toggle that option.

More and more I got to see Tranquility as a person, and not as a penguin in a humanoid disguise poster exclusively bound to fmodding the forums. This really means a lot to me, since I care about the quality of the RSOF, so thank you Tranquility for having the time for your player and fmod contributions :)
VIVLOVESVIX
(click mee)

Very Vera | Join Nomad ! | Inform Yourselves | Forum Help

30-Dec-2015 21:51:48

Quick find code: 181-182-399-64817577 Back to Top