Forums

Forum Moderator Appreciation. Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 181-182-399-64817577

Ironman Gup
Sep Member 2023

Ironman Gup

Posts: 1,523 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Since forums are closing down, many people on Reddit have been posting their appreciation of forum moderators here: https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/194xrwv/an_update_regarding_our_forums/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 Against Raffle Rigging since 2015

13-Jan-2024 04:28:34 - Last edited on 13-Jan-2024 04:29:04 by Ironman Gup

Ironman Gup
Sep Member 2023

Ironman Gup

Posts: 1,523 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said :
Ironman Gup said :
Since forums are closing down, many people on Reddit have been posting their appreciation of forum moderators here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/194xrwv/an_update_regarding_our_forums/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Take your petty bitterness elsewhere. Nobody cares.

What are you on about? This is a compilation of players feelings on Forum Moderators & all the hard work they have put in moderating the forums :)

People reap what they sow, and this is what is happening when players get a chance to reflect on all the work F-Mods have done
Against Raffle Rigging since 2015

13-Jan-2024 16:20:11 - Last edited on 13-Jan-2024 16:20:29 by Ironman Gup

The contents of this message have been hidden.

13-Jan-2024 17:15:56

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,719 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mega Duck said :
As we bid farewell to our beloved forum, I want to take a moment to express my deepest gratitude to the incredible team of moderators (past and present) who have tirelessly dedicated their time and effort to make this community a special place.

Wishing each of you the very best for the future <3

-Duck

Thank You for the kind words :)
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain"

15-Jan-2024 12:36:04

Tomato 56789
Apr Member 2022

Tomato 56789

Posts: 15,486 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All the forum mods who stayed here until the end deserve a shout-out!

As for the trolls complaining about the moderation of the forums - I'd have agreed years ago, but the mods who abused their power seem to have either been de-modded or quit long ago. I have many unpopular opinions both on rs and irl yet haven't felt censored here or have seen my side censored in ages. Those who feel shut down on the forums simply don't follow the forum rules. Personal attacks, naming other players outside of the discussion, spamming, flaming, going off the topic of the threads, etc. will get your thread locked, lol.
Casual legacy trash of 20 years in RS, writer of Skyrook Gorge (and other books) irl

Should the forums truly go; almost anyone from here is free to add me in-game.

16-Jan-2024 01:00:44

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 25,052 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
20 years, 2 months, 14 days; 7380 days. That's how long these forums have been up. That entire time, the FMod team has existed.

Past, and present...much appreciation to everyone.

A lot of the hate they got was never deserved....they were all players giving up their time to help keep these boards safe and clean under Jagex's direction. But regardless, they all pushed through it...and it takes a lot to get through some of that.

Maybe someday the 3rd iteration of the forums could appear again to continue the legacy. Who knows though; the future is never set in stone.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

24-Jan-2024 17:55:40

Vead
Sep Member 2022

Vead

Posts: 1,915 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you to all the FMods who I believe, ultimately made the RSOF a better place ^_^ .

Hopefully ya'll find solace in Discord or Reddit, when the time comes.
- (Owner) Ornery Onions -
Prioritizing inclusion, friendliness and offering a helping hand to those that need it.

24-Jan-2024 20:46:36

Quick find code: 181-182-399-64817577 Back to Top