Forums

Mod Alex S

Quick find code: 181-182-157-66226707

Mod Alex S

Mod Alex S

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Thanks Ana :)

Yep - I joined remotely back in February and went down to Cambridge in June to meet a few colleagues and watch the Scotland v England Euro 2020 match

I'm not a football fan, but it was good to go down and meet some colleagues in the flesh and support my home team!

Also worked from the office for a day which was really cool - it's just had a refurb and looks amazing. Probably looks a lot difference since you visited last @ Adam

27-Aug-2021 06:56:17

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,892 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ooh Nice. It'd be cool if Jagex sent some pictures of the new look on Twitter :P

Football's fun with friends but there's no chance I'll watch it alone. Loki said :
Mod Alex S said :
Scotland :D I've only actually been to Cambridge once - going down again in September which will be nice
Oh wow. Long distance working nice :D
Youuu next? :P

I don't think I'm alone on this burning question - in which dept do you work Alex ?
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

27-Aug-2021 07:53:27

Mod Alex S

Mod Alex S

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
So I work in the Player Experience team, which is made up of:

• Player Experience
• Player Support
• Anti-Cheating

Within those, there are various other sub-areas.

My role is the Workforce Management Analyst and I report into Mod Kelvin (Senior Director of Player Experience).

I do various things, but essentially it's about making sure we have the right resource in the right place, at the right time. A lot of what I do is looking at contact volumes (and the types of contacts we're receiving) and manage our resources so that we can meet our SLAs.

As an example - predicting Premier Club volumes so that we have enough resource (with the appropriate skills) in place to respond to players within our agreed SLA.

Other areas I'm involved in are:

• Budgeting - making sure we're within budget, and how we use that budget. This influences our recruitment strategy i.e. when we need to start recruitment, and how many people we need to hire

• Data Analysis - this is probably my favourite part, as I get to work with our data warehouse and produce reports and dashboards. For example, I'm working on dashboards for the PMod and Community Helper Curators so that we can use all of the data to inform our strategy e.g. PMod recruitment (timezones that are under-represented)

• Forecasting - predicting our future department demand based on game updates, seasonality, any new product launches, etc.

• Schedulling - managing the day-to-day schedule of the overall team, to ensure we've got enough people working at particular times to meet demand, taking into account any sickness, annual leave, or other activities such as training sessions

• Recruitment - I'm involved in the interviews and assessment days for Player Support candidates (which is interesting since it was only 6 months ago that I was going through the process myself!)

There's a lot of other areas I'm involved in, and it's a great role as I get exposure to a lot of different areas of the business :)

27-Aug-2021 09:28:25 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2021 09:41:45 by Mod Alex S

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Nice.... that was very insightful. It looks like you've got lots of things to stay busy with, that's good. Data analysis is fun. You get to work with so many numbers and stats. I'm not a fan of forecasting ha, but I'm glad you're enjoying it!

It sounds like a very demanding job, and Kelvin is a great person so grats on working that close with him :)

Assessment day... *shivers* that must be fun to attend I'm sure. From your POV that is :P

Curious what everyone else thinks. Thanks for the insights again Alex. So exciting.
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

27-Aug-2021 09:57:13

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow.. sounds like you've been thrown into the deep end with all that work, although it does sound quite interesting, and a varied workload is always welcoming so you're not doing the same thing over and over! :P

Corder said :
Ooh Nice. It'd be cool if Jagex sent some pictures of the new look on Twitter :P

Football's fun with friends but there's no chance I'll watch it alone. Loki said :
Mod Alex S said :
Scotland :D I've only actually been to Cambridge once - going down again in September which will be nice
Nah. I applied twice (only heard back once), and had one informal interview with a JMod (in the Data Science/Analyst department) at the pub around the corner from Jagex, which I don't think went too well because it sort of scared me away from that field! :P I also now have a job I love and don't think I could ever leave it. ;) Maybe if Jagex did part time night positions or flexible hours/working from home ;)
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

27-Aug-2021 10:10:50 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2021 10:11:55 by Loki

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Alex S said :
Also worked from the office for a day which was really cool - it's just had a refurb and looks amazing. Probably looks a lot difference since you visited last @ Adam
Ooh wonder what it looks like now... :o Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get another office visit sometime ;)
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

27-Aug-2021 10:13:05

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Loki said :
Corder said :
Loki said :
Mod Alex S said :
Nah. I applied twice (only heard back once), and had one informal interview with a JMod (in the Data Science/Analyst department) at the pub around the corner from Jagex, which I don't think went too well because it sort of scared me away from that field! :P
Oh cool :O ! I've thought of applying for 2 roles that interests me. Not a fan of moving out of Denmark though!

tries handling this wall of quotes Loki said :
Mod Alex S said :
Ooh wonder what it looks like now... :o Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get another office visit sometime ;)
That'd be so cool if you did!!

27-Aug-2021 10:26:07

Quick find code: 181-182-157-66226707 Back to Top