Forums

Whats up with rares at the mo?

Quick find code: 17-18-838-66250928

Tunuko
Nov Member 2023

Tunuko

Posts: 2,058 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Howdy all, I ask as a super casual player, what's up with rare prices right now?

I got a green hween a couple months back for 2.5, and now I'm seeing them going to 6.9... is there a reason for the rapid increase? Should I hold, should I sell? :|

15-Apr-2022 21:39:06

Sick Combo

Sick Combo

Posts: 112 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Without naming any names two players are posting price increases every day for each rare causing them to go up bills a week.

This is also allowed btw by the forum mods.
True Trim 2016

15-Apr-2022 21:52:53 - Last edited on 15-Apr-2022 21:55:19 by Sick Combo

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don’t think forum mods can distinguish what’s fake and what’s real. They can’t magically fix things, and blaming them is unfair.

I had someone ask my views, but I’m not active like before. A market will play out eventually. If prices are too high, they’ll correct.

The only choice for the forums is whether to allow price postings on items outside the ge. But getting angry at FMods is unfair. Almost no one could regulate things.

It’s like blaming FMods for the war in Ukraine. “Why don’t they end it?”
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

15-Apr-2022 22:05:35

Nead
Sep Member 2012

Nead

Posts: 20,472 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To add onto the above, until Jagex address it (which they likely will never), I'd suggest riding it out to afford whatever you desire on your return which at that price they are now, you should essentially then already have achieved that :P .
- Ornery Onions -
Prioritizing inclusion, friendliness and offering a helping hand to those that need it.

15-Apr-2022 22:24:29

Trip180

Trip180

Sick Combo said :
No ones blaming them I'm just letting him know its allowed by them and shouldn't be reported even though we all know what is going on.
That's good. I hate stressing them out.

Some of these trades might be happening. I mean, to some extent this might be a market thing. If someone tells you a santa is 100t, and you pay 100t; the trade then happened. The original info was fake, but the trade happened. And if another and another trade at 100t, suddenly that could be the price.

Markets correct eventually, but some of these prices could be real supply-demand results, with few phat owners really wanting to sell. If no one is willing to pay 100t for a santa, and you badly want to sell one of your santas, suddenly the market could start falling until a buyer is found for your santa.

What might happen is Jagex steps in. If a phat is suddenly worth a small house, it might just be too much of a potential for rwt. Anyway, I just don't like seeing so much stress around it. It's just a game. And not all problems have solutions.

The only complete solution Jagex might have is to make them untradeable, which at least some people won't like.
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

15-Apr-2022 22:39:30

RSGOTMEFATT

RSGOTMEFATT

Posts: 302 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here's how it goes let's say there are 10k blue h'weens active in-game. Majority of them never get traded Since they can't be bought/sold on ge. Around 50-100 get traded which are priced in a uptrend manner the rest agree on the prices, i mean who wouldn't easy gp. The people that were going to buy complain manipulation.

So you have a few players with a small amount of rares probably 1-2% being traded daily deciding the price of 98% of rares in game and many times using alts.

If everyone ran for the doors at once the prices would collapse, there isn't enough gp to cover the supply only a small percentage gets traded daily so they are able to hold it up.

And my belief is the incentive is likely RWT the end goal.

The fix? Get rares back in GE someway, fake trades will end, more rares will be traded daily, a small percentage won't decide the prices.
Grand Exchange: Finished buying 1 x Christmas cracker

15-Apr-2022 23:03:34 - Last edited on 15-Apr-2022 23:11:10 by RSGOTMEFATT

Trip180

Trip180

RSGOTMEFATT said :
The fix? Get rares back in GE someway, fake trades will end, more rares will be traded daily, a small percentage won't decide the prices.
They don't seem to want to facilitate expensive item trading.

I recently posted a thread on what Jagex can do in the suggestions forum. I could add that in, because I guess I just forgot to mention it. But I get the impression that they just don't want to add a ge for that.

15-Apr-2022 23:19:00

Trip180

Trip180

It is fascinating though that even if everyone wants an item, and even if it is scarce; it won't rise unless it rises slowly, based off real (or perhaps fake) trades that slowly rise, creating confidence in the price.

But you can't go from 10 to 100b suddenly. Anyway, the game aside and who is winning points unfairly and such aside, it is really a learning experience to watch the market.

15-Apr-2022 23:29:04

Scouse
Feb Member 2018

Scouse

Posts: 29,019 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sick Combo said :
Without naming any names two players are posting price increases every day for each rare causing them to go up bills a week.

This is also allowed btw by the forum mods.

If these 2 players can afford to do this it's their choice, i actually remember the start of this raise back in about 2012 or so which was also started by a small group targeting red phats knowing that if they bought them the other colours would obviously follow "which they did"

Back then a red was like 1.8 and since they started that venture, rares have never looked back.

Pretty sure the main guys who began this rise back then are all banned now tho lol

Much love

Scouse - Poor n happy =)
[qfc id=]whatever[/qfc]
#JFT96
August 15th 2017, the day Jagex freed me
Liverpool is love, Liverpool is life

16-Apr-2022 00:12:01

Quick find code: 17-18-838-66250928 Back to Top