Forums

buyable rares in ge Thread is locked

Quick find code: 17-18-114-66221186

I MERCH G-E

I MERCH G-E

Posts: 155 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What are some discontinued rare items that you bought for max cash recently?

What are some discontinued items that you are currently trying to buy?

What are your strategies for buying rares from the grand exchange?

I recently got a red hween mask for max cash and I have offers in spread across 15 different accounts for wines, disks, phats, red masks, scythes, blood dye, etc.

I also sold 100 pumpkins to ge rofl but I still have 15 left! I think it was dumb to sell them but I wanted to have 10 purple phats which used to be worth nothing but now they are worth something!

I really hope a white or purple phat sells someday or a wine would be even better.

My strategy for buying rares from the ge is just putting offers into 10+ different accs and hope they buy/ After 8 days I cancel offer and relist the offer.

Back in 2015 I had 100 Christmas scythes that I bought for 30m each and I sold them for 30m each in order to buy a purple phat and I gotta say that was the dumbest decision ever! Could've bought a phat set for that nowadays

05-Jul-2021 01:26:42

Nead
Sep Member 2012

Nead

Posts: 20,472 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Back in the day when the blue partyhat hit over the threshold, I left an offer in for over two years before just giving up. It was stressful when others would state that their offers had just filled yet yours hadn't, just waiting for that day to never come :( .
- Ornery Onions -
Prioritizing inclusion, friendliness and offering a helping hand to those that need it.

05-Jul-2021 14:50:44

Divine Gaze
Aug Member 2023

Divine Gaze

Posts: 178 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As far as I know canceling and relisting will just work against you as it will put you in the back of the line again; oldest offer gets filled first; the only way I see that strategy working is if you happen to buy an inactive offer meaning for example someone that put a phat in ge before it hit max and then didn't log in till now and just as he logs in you put your offer making your offer the first offer for his price; this way you could even snag up 1.3 b phat but its a very unlikely situation for some reason inactive offers start a new 'line' sort of speak

Personally I woudn't waste ge slots on partyhats; perhaps masks as they are the closes to max while being above max

Hope this helps
Why should I hate those weaker than myself? I only pity them

05-Jul-2021 15:17:38 - Last edited on 05-Jul-2021 15:27:55 by Divine Gaze

200m Defence

200m Defence

Posts: 245 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
nyxiah said :
"After 8 days I cancel offer and relist the offer."

Lol, great, keep on going!

99 Div Skill said :
nyxiah said :

Haha, I feel bad. Someone should tell him..

panicsell said :
nyxiah said :

I read that too and had a "wut" moment xDDDD

it goes both ways really -
the situation you all are referring to is for people who put new sell offers into the ge.
the situation op is doing is better for inactive offers.
Don't trust any pc's listed, any advice or talks between posts on ID forums anymore , the Manips are let loose, especially the main one with 15+ accounts posting acting as different people.. do your own research

05-Jul-2021 21:25:55

SirJosh
Nov Member 2023

SirJosh

Posts: 275 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
WARNING: This is a highly manipulative post…

What he is trying to do is use reverse psychology to make you cancel & reset your active offers in GE so that it boosts his higher…

Oldest active offers always get filled first..

05-Jul-2021 22:57:38

I MERCH G-E

I MERCH G-E

Posts: 155 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
so basically I am stupid for canceling offer and oldest offer buys the item? I had 0 idea rofl and I've been merching since 2008. I really didn't know that. I remember in 2008 logging in and out/hopping worlds used to help but I also remember canceling and relisting offers helped me in 2015 so idk. That was for flipping items I didn't know about rares tho. Had 0 idea if you cancel that it works against you.

06-Jul-2021 04:46:22

Quick find code: 17-18-114-66221186 Back to Top