Forums

Worste stream

Quick find code: 16-17-719-66264716

Robbycool
May Member 2020

Robbycool

Posts: 281 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
thanks Shogun and Jack for the worst stream ive ever watched. took an hour to talk about a topic you could have discussed in 10 minutes. "Hey everyone were replacing all herbs with seeds from all boss tables " WHY? because stone spirits V2 thats why . Are we fixing stone spirits V1 . NO thats not the plan we just want to release more dead content and make pvm drops worth less gp/hr. because thats what is going to increase player engagement! GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you want to increase player engagement stop nerfing content!
bump

19-Oct-2022 20:38:37

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In case if you haven't watched the entire stream or miss the other parts, they are also changing other things like farming. We are going to be able to plant multiple seeds on one patch. This is absolutely not just stone spirit v2.

They also told us there will be changes in items other than just seeds and herbs after November.

19-Oct-2022 21:10:37

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

It is also farming overhaul. We can plant multiple seeds and harvest cycle is shorten from 80 to 60 minutes.

This means seeds are going to be in much greater demand, and even pvmers can farm them for great profits.

Stone spirits are useless for pvmers as they don't mine and smith their gear for vast majority of the game. However, pvmers need herblore for endgame content.

19-Oct-2022 21:34:02

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

The other major reveal from this live stream is high end pvm will be taxed more to balance out the economy.

I am not a GE Tax advocate. However, if they put a GE tax there, taxing the rich more instead of playing Jenga by taking from the poor grass root level players to glorify elitists is definitely the way to do it.

19-Oct-2022 23:50:14

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't say I like their general approach when something is low in supply - add a boss and let it drop whatever it is in insane numbers - just take a look at what the arch-glacor and croesus have ruined for that matter. Modern materials on the other hand are a full no-go for them.

I personally do not see an issue with pvm content being able to drop items you also could get from skilling - I see an issue though when they become the main source and make skilling irrelevant. That was an issue for mining back in the day, that's an issue for woodcutting (I mean - how many days do you need to spend cutting yew or magic logs in order to gain whatever some mid levelled boss can spill out in a single kill? Of course woodcutting above acadia is broken, but that really shouldn't be...) and it's an issue for lots of other skills - now they just want to tackle farming.

Bosses most likely will take a hit due to this - but it certainly won't be stone spirits v2 - since you do not receive low levelled junk at high end content, that previously held its value solely due to being alchable. But yeah - in some fashion it's similiar to stone spirits - you need to use your drops in order to gain some value - but when I can use seeds ten times over, I do not see an issue of how I could get rid of them... it's not like I'll have to spend some afternoon for that then. It should be an upgrade for content though, which already drops seeds, rather than herbs, it's probably also an upgrade for slayer stuff, that continues dropping herbs. Herbs certainly will go up after all, not down...

But honestly - they need to put work into farming - and if it's alone fixing those broken farming ticks, that even OS fixed almost a decade ago - that's more important than that...
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

20-Oct-2022 05:40:43 - Last edited on 20-Oct-2022 05:46:14 by Rikornak

Quick find code: 16-17-719-66264716 Back to Top