Forums

Zaros?

Quick find code: 16-17-715-66250793

DarthChosen
Apr Member 2017

DarthChosen

Posts: 632 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
so if and when Zaros returns what does everyone think his plan is/will do.

will he be enraged that Seren has let the elder eggs hatch?

will he be strong enough/ have new found power that allows him to kill or consume the new elder gods in their weakened state?

did he die in Erebus and if so is Azzanadra for all intensive purposes be his replacement? not saying that Azzy is the new Zaros but Azzy would definitely be a suitable person to fill the void that Zaros left or lead his followers should they choose to listen to him.

could Zaros have been corrupted in Erebus like all the rest of the bosses (Raksha, Ambassador, BSD) that are around?

there are lots of questions and i feel like were not going to get any closure as to what happened to him.
pssst....we know who you are. Hail Sithis!

14-Apr-2022 00:30:19

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nobody has returned from Erebus to tell the story there... oh wait... actually someone just did at the end of the new quest: the Echo of Kerapac just returned and tell us Jas is banished to Erebus and taking the same suffering with him there.

So even if Zaros can't come back, maybe at least we can see the Echo of Zaros someday.

14-Apr-2022 01:56:45

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Mel 624 said :
Azzanadra is probably effectively a replacement for him in terms of faction leadership but more in the sense of having player compatible Zarosian stuff while they make him into a new antagonist. They clearly have more planned for him but I'd rather they didn't just kill him off or make him completely irredeemably evil.

I really don't think Azzanadra is a replacement of Zaros in turn of leadership. For instance, Ali the Wise and Trindine said in the Battle of the Monolith they actually don't want to follow anybody.

14-Apr-2022 17:47:03

DarthChosen
Apr Member 2017

DarthChosen

well we did have an open portal the whole time, Zaros went in there for a specific reason and still hasnt come back.
he is a strong god for sure but Erebus seems to pretty much negate and poison the gods of our realm.
Zaros coming back will definitely be something extraordinary but i still believe he will one day.

15-Apr-2022 12:29:44

Mel 624
Dec Member 2021

Mel 624

Posts: 744 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Mel 624 said :
Azzanadra is probably effectively a replacement for him in terms of faction leadership but more in the sense of having player compatible Zarosian stuff while they make him into a new antagonist. They clearly have more planned for him but I'd rather they didn't just kill him off or make him completely irredeemably evil.

I really don't think Azzanadra is a replacement of Zaros in turn of leadership. For instance, Ali the Wise and Trindine said in the Battle of the Monolith they actually don't want to follow anybody.

I didn't mean necessarily as all the former Zarosians going to hm so much as his group functionally being the new Zarosian faction when whoever still follows Zaros becomes antagonists.

I think at this point it's strongly implied Zaros is at least partly made of shadow anima so I don't think he has to worry about it the way other gods do.
How to block a forum user

Death And Taxes: An Analysis

16-Apr-2022 02:34:15

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Mel 624 said :
Dilbert2001 said :
Mel 624 said :

I didn't mean necessarily as all the former Zarosians going to hm so much as his group functionally being the new Zarosian faction when whoever still follows Zaros becomes antagonists.

I think at this point it's strongly implied Zaros is at least partly made of shadow anima so I don't think he has to worry about it the way other gods do.

Highly doubtful Zaros is any difference than anybody other than the World Guardian regarding immunity/defense against shadow anima. We are told the World Guardian is the only one able to stay alive in Erebus because of Guthix's gift and that's why we were tasked to go to Erebus alone to find something to counter Jas, and we know that "gift" is the Light and Shadow voices keep popping up in our heads the last few quests

16-Apr-2022 05:21:49

DarthChosen
Apr Member 2017

DarthChosen

Zaros doesnt have any shadow anima in him, he has powers over the shadow realm.

the Shadow Realm is not linked to the realm of the dead (Erebus), the latter being a separate place entirely.

Mah created them and just as she couldnt withstand shadow anima neither can Seren or Zaros.

Erebus is full of shadow anima that would quickly kill anyone that lacks the **correct protection**; the World Guardian remarked that it was nearly impossible for them to remain there for long and Zaros, a divine creation of Mah who could withstand some shadow anima, needed other sources to survive there for a prolonged period of time.

17-Apr-2022 02:46:58

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

No, Zaros simply doesn't have any natural protection to survive in Erebus. Otherwise, he wouldn't have to wait thousands of years for the "event" which he ultimately tricked us to get the Locator for him before he departed to Erebus.

17-Apr-2022 17:12:33

Quick find code: 16-17-715-66250793 Back to Top