Forums

Zaros?

Quick find code: 16-17-715-66250793

The contents of this message have been hidden.

20-Jan-2023 14:14:55

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Possibility 1: Jagex doesn't bring him back.
They spent all of the Elder God Wars story line either killing off or exiling gods or nerfing characters (along with elder artifacts).
Zaros going to Erebus may have just been a way to shuffle him off and conveniently never have to bring him back. (He spent thousands of years from the time Zamorak stabbed him just to be a powerful orb of T2 energy again. Going to Erebus and whatever his plan is might not happen within the player character's lifetime).

Possibility 2: Zaros was Xau-Tak all along
He had at least 1 Elder Artifact with him. Unkown/untold knowledge. Mah's core. Raksha's thing. Now Jas. Plus everything in Erebus. We also know that they said that a trail of the shadow realm extended from Freneskae to Gielinor.
Jagex could always do some fudging of the storyline to indicate that Xau-Tak and Zaros were always one and the same. (Xau-Tak let slip stories of the player character before the PC was even born. Xau-Tak has a hatred of Elder Gods and wants power/control. We have time travel. It's all one convoluted possibility to explain things.)

Possibility 3: He's dead
Much like 1, but rather than the vagueness of never having to bring him back alive ... you have the classic trope of "nothing could have survived that" (keep in mind, the player wasn't in Erebus for that long compared to Zaros' plan).
Jagex could just treat him as "yup, he'd dead. he got to arrogant and despite all his planning, preparation, and even being a shadow element himself, even he couldn't survive in there forever".

From the Wiki
In Sliske's Endgame, Death can be asked how Zaros would die. Death cryptically claims that he feels "a burning as hot as a star, and then a giant blackness. I feel a prolonged sadness that has come to an end."

pretty easy to see the course of events playing out in the way Death predicted

20-Jan-2023 14:37:14

The contents of this message have been hidden.

20-Jan-2023 17:36:28

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
He doesn't want to return to GIelinor where he is not recognized as an Elder God. His plan now is get the rulers of Erebus to send him to uncharted worlds where he can be the absolute tyrant.

If he does return to Gielinor, his plan probably is to become the 6th Elder God.

22-Jan-2023 03:53:24

SlR
Nov Member 2020

SlR

Posts: 4,378 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm with Dilbert on this one, I reckon he'll come back with the power of each elder god (or something like that). Wouldn't be surprised if we have to fight him with dark magic or something learnt through necromancy. Corrupt runes or something. Instead of the usual Earth, Water, Fire, Air, it could be Freeze, Shock, Poison, Lava (maybe we'll get to imbue weapons with those properties). Either way, I reckon they're saving him for necromancy.

Probs end up seeing him fight Seren, resurrecting things with positive/negative anima.
- A proxy war for lack of a better way of putting it, I can see something like that happening.

PS: you know we're probably giving JAGEX ideas / writing their content for them (lol).
Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

22-Jan-2023 19:37:22 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2023 19:42:02 by SlR

Mel 624
Dec Member 2021

Mel 624

Posts: 744 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Personally I'd rather Zaros and Xau Tak remain separate characters and also find Xau Tak to be overrated. I'm not really a fan of lovecraftian expy characters and plotlines and the convoluted timetravel idea is something I've found myself disliking whenever stories try to do that sort of thing. Timetravelling edgelord masterminds aren't as cool as people think, especially when it comes at the cost of a lot of more appealing characterization that'd been established before said plotline. Of course, I also preferred Zaros as a more morally neutral character that valued his followers than just throwing people aside to become an elder god and letting everything burn on the way to achieving that. That's just a really boring and wasteful use of him to me. Throwing in becoming a timetravelling eldritch being that wants to destroy everything and paradoxed himself into existence would just be even worse.

I'd prefer if Seren and Zaros's existences weren't part of some master plan and were instead a possible wildcard that set off a chain of events enabling Xau Tak's defeat even if not through them directly. There's some thematic potential in some good coming from the life Mah was able to create despite her corruption and possibly circling back to Guthix and balance in finding a way for Erebus and shadow anima to coexist with the world without destroying it.
How to block a forum user

Death And Taxes: An Analysis

23-Jan-2023 00:46:35 - Last edited on 23-Jan-2023 00:48:34 by Mel 624

Quick find code: 16-17-715-66250793 Back to Top