Forums

next 120?

Quick find code: 16-17-704-66177824

Robby Pinky
Dec Member 2009

Robby Pinky

Posts: 192 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think there are 2 or 3 possible options.

Summoning got the most potential and there is long term discussion about adding new familiars relevant to the todays gameplay.

Construction desparately needs a rework and it's the perfect chance to raise the skill cap to level 120

Hunter is another possible one because of high xp rates, its need of some graphical reworks and even more new content possibilities.

29-Aug-2020 17:30:45

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex has talked about reworking Summoning so that we get the bulk of our XP from using Familiars instead of making pouches; it would make a lot of sense for them to pull the trigger on making it a 120 skill in the process.

Fishing and Cooking are, in my opinion, the two skills most "ready" for the leap up to 120 in their current states. Very few level gaps to be found, and it's getting to the point where if they wanted to produce more high level food/fish, they'd have to increase the skill level to fit it all in.

Finally, in last year's year end survey, requests for Ranged and Magic gear and their respective skills to get the Mining/Smithing rework treatment were ranked #2 and #3 in terms of popularity. It would not surprise me if they increased all of the combat style skills (ie. all Combat skills except Summoning, Prayer, and (possibly) Constitution) and the skills involved to making combat equipment (Mining/Smithing, Woodcutting/Fletching, Crafting/Runecrafting) to 120 when they release the rework for the third part of the combat triangle.

30-Aug-2020 04:05:02 - Last edited on 30-Aug-2020 04:05:58 by Vengeance of

Gaitman
Apr Member 2020

Gaitman

Posts: 5,470 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please don't. Updating skills to 120 serves no real need, i'd like changes like the mining and smithing rework first for most skills.
Once a skill has a meaningful progression of content, then you can increase the levels.

04-Sep-2020 13:13:26

Quick find code: 16-17-704-66177824 Back to Top