Sep Member 2022

E I E dInO

Posts: 226 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ignoble one said :
when did they announce RS on console?

RuneScape Devs Suggest A Switch Release Is Possible
BY MARTIN FRANCIS DOCHERTY
PUBLISHED JUN 1, 2021

"According to developers, the creation of these gesture inputs makes ports for platforms like the Nintendo Switch possible. In an interview with Game Rant, RuneScape Product Director Matt Casey and Senior Product Manager Liam Powney talked about how the new mobile control scheme could lend itself well to a Switch port. After previous releases onto Mac and Steam, the upcoming mobile version is the first proper foray onto other platforms.

Both Powney and Casey remarked on the mobile development process, and what it might have in store for the game. Unsurprisingly, it took a lot of work to condense such a sprawling MMO onto a tiny mobile display, and as such players might well see all that work reused for a handheld console release in the future, especially with a console that has touch screen controls. "

25-Mar-2023 01:28:23 - Last edited on 25-Mar-2023 01:30:44 by E I E dInO

XSlay4DeathX
Mar Member 2007

XSlay4DeathX

Posts: 2,634 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think runescape will come to console unless it's strictly only on consoles that allow Keyboard and mouse. Controllers would be left behind in this game, even mobile is a pain to play on lol.

In my years of playing many games, both console and PC, controllers always had some sort of 'snapping', Runescape has too many things that are clickable to even make 'snaps'.

Time a controller player clicked one monster, i would have clicked all monsters and that player will face this many times over. If you can't anti crash, you lose the race in this game.

----

Plus your better off playing another game on console while afking on mobile/playing on PC.

08-Apr-2023 17:23:35

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
XSlay4DeathX said :
I don't think runescape will come to console unless it's strictly only on consoles that allow Keyboard and mouse. Controllers would be left behind in this game, even mobile is a pain to play on lol.

In my years of playing many games, both console and PC, controllers always had some sort of 'snapping', Runescape has too many things that are clickable to even make 'snaps'.

Time a controller player clicked one monster, i would have clicked all monsters and that player will face this many times over. If you can't anti crash, you lose the race in this game.

----

Plus your better off playing another game on console while afking on mobile/playing on PC.

In my 22 years of playing RS3, especially since EOC, I use key bind for combat almost all the time.

For RS3 combat, there aren't many things clikable either. Most of us eat food, drink potions, switch prayers and gear all with keybind. No clicking, no sweat because of action bars and keybinding. Even for movement, we have all kinds of abilities like Surge, Blade Dive, etc all the time. We may have far more problems with Legacy Mode, but who really care when we only have a very small number of players for Legacy mode.

Mod MIC told us RS3 on Console will be much better than RS3 on Mobile and RS3 on PC actually because the problem with RS3 on Mobile was we already had a lot of controls developed for RS3 but Mobile screen is too small. With Consoles, we have very big screens.

08-Apr-2023 17:57:38 - Last edited on 08-Apr-2023 18:12:26 by Dilbert2001

SlR
Nov Member 2020

SlR

Posts: 4,378 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It could work on Nintendo Switch or that Steam console? Very similar to mobile. Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

09-Apr-2023 06:03:16

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

SlR said :
It could work on Nintendo Switch or that Steam console? Very similar to mobile.

Actually quite different. It is tiny screen vs big TV screen. Games running on low definition are going to look and feel very bad on console screens. That's why I hope RS3 to get better quality graphics and animations before they move to consoles. Perhaps that's also why RS3 is working on VFX system first.

10-Apr-2023 16:12:28 - Last edited on 10-Apr-2023 16:45:10 by Dilbert2001

Ketsujo
Nov Member 2022

Ketsujo

Posts: 1,980 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I'm just gonna throw this out there in regards to the game coming to Console play.

If we go to console and it be a survival game similar to the types of survival games we see on Mobile, well...that's gonna die FAST, regardless of the fact its a runescape game.

If they bring the EoC concept to Console...we can utilize revolution for combat abilities to trigger. That would eliminate a LOT of button mashing and give the other button functions the appropriate usage, for consumables, food, use on, etc.

In regards to graphics...lets be realistic here. If you guys and gals want to keep graphics versus actual gameplay and functionality, rethink that. Look at what a few gaming companies did with utilizing the Unreal Engine within certain franchises and a particular Fan Favorite Remake? The graphical overhaul cost the game's actual story to be cut into a third and that irritated MILLIONS of the players who played the original. Square-Enix received a HUGE amount of flak for it, and I don't think Jagex wants that kind of attention. If they are to make the game universally compatible with cross play, we have to think about the Switch's GPU and CPU power versus Bawx and Playstation.

A traditional 3rd person view, relatively old school graphics, immersive gameplay, and functionality MUST be heavily considered here...so, if you want RS3(rs4) to be Console and PC, Revolution is a must for Console players as it will ultimately save the hassle of Button Mashing and Huge amounts of Keybind string code that would probably get muff'd.

What are your thoughts about what all I had to say here?
Runescape Player since 2007

Ultimate Construction Update! - QFC: 74-75-76-65876528
- Go Read It and Comment Away!
Player Owned Kingdoms Update! - QFC: 74-75-440-66076908
- Opinions Needed!

19-Apr-2023 00:02:52

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Ketsujo said :
So I'm just gonna throw this out there in regards to the game coming to Console play.

If we go to console and it be a survival game similar to the types of survival games we see on Mobile, well...that's gonna die FAST, regardless of the fact its a runescape game.

If they bring the EoC concept to Console...we can utilize revolution for combat abilities to trigger. That would eliminate a LOT of button mashing and give the other button functions the appropriate usage, for consumables, food, use on, etc.

In regards to graphics...lets be realistic here. If you guys and gals want to keep graphics versus actual gameplay and functionality, rethink that. Look at what a few gaming companies did with utilizing the Unreal Engine within certain franchises and a particular Fan Favorite Remake? The graphical overhaul cost the game's actual story to be cut into a third and that irritated MILLIONS of the players who played the original. Square-Enix received a HUGE amount of flak for it, and I don't think Jagex wants that kind of attention. If they are to make the game universally compatible with cross play, we have to think about the Switch's GPU and CPU power versus Bawx and Playstation.

A traditional 3rd person view, relatively old school graphics, immersive gameplay, and functionality MUST be heavily considered here...so, if you want RS3(rs4) to be Console and PC, Revolution is a must for Console players as it will ultimately save the hassle of Button Mashing and Huge amounts of Keybind string code that would probably get muff'd.

What are your thoughts about what all I had to say here?

RS3 and the survival game are two very different games. RS3 will remain an MMORPG, and has EOC and Revolution Mode. I am not that sure about Legacy Mode though. Graphics is just about customization. Lose the Legacy interface, but we can still have low detailed settings if players choose so.

19-Apr-2023 17:21:16

Quick find code: 16-17-698-66271316 Back to Top