Balthazar
!
We want
Balthazar
!
We want
Balthazar's Big Raffle!
Pleeeeeease ! ;)

Can we get the Raffle back this September?

It's been two years my collection of
Gold Barrows
needs finishing.

*************************************************************************************

UPDATE: We GET LEONARD'S LUCKY DIP! from September 1st to September 30th.

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/leonards-lucky-dip

*************************************************************************************

15-Apr-2021 01:57:15 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2021 18:10:17 by I Luvdabeach

I Luvdabeach
Sep Member 2019

I Luvdabeach

Posts: 62 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was just asking for the Balthazar's Big Raffle to be back. I'm not sure what forum it should be in if this is wrong. It would be a Future update

I posted in another thread in this forum asking the same thing but it was for 2020 and since that is long past I thought of making another. If this is in the wrong place I am sorry.

There is no more content to add since it is content that has been recurring for a few years 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2019 but has missed the last two years.
Many people have
Gold Barrows
and
Gold god swords
collections that are incomplete.
It's fun content for me and I'm sure others. Some just do it for the
Deathtouched darts
Oh and the
Golden Warpriest
armour as well. :D

RuneScape Wiki
https://runescape.wiki/w/Balthazar%27s_Big_Raffle

17-Apr-2021 21:47:21 - Last edited on 17-Apr-2021 21:49:24 by I Luvdabeach

Qwis7
Aug Member 2010

Qwis7

Posts: 1,434 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No support at all.

I do have nearly all golden sets, but I want a more honest way to get them.
Just let them be a reward form hard mode bosses and price normal chaotic x10 or someting like that.

18-Apr-2021 12:25:06

I Luvdabeach
Sep Member 2019

I Luvdabeach

Posts: 62 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How is the Raffle not honest? I got two tickets a day and saved them up till the item I rally wanted came up. Nothing is tradable so having more accounts wouldn't help.

I don't do Bossing let alone hard mode and I don't think the armor is worth Hard mode on a boss, but thank you for you for sharing your opinion.

20-Apr-2021 02:46:42

A  Cole
Nov Member 2003

A  Cole

Posts: 14,682 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's because there were certain individuals creating 100s of accounts purely to enter the raffle. In doing so, the prize pool was depleted for the rest of us.

In my opinion, this is easily fixed by removing the limit of items available, and stick with it being a percentage chance of winning those items despite how many have already been won. This is how PvM drops work, so why not apply it to the raffle also?

~A~

20-Apr-2021 12:04:47

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Qwis7 said :
No support at all.

Just let them be a reward form hard mode bosses and price normal chaotic x10 or someting like that.

Support for adding an ingame way to earn them.

My thought was once you got the full normal set you can start earning the golden variant.

As for the weapons, you of course have to earn the non-gold one to earn the golden ones.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

24-Apr-2021 10:48:56 - Last edited on 24-Apr-2021 10:50:32 by Draco Burnz

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jeremy Cheng said :
a cole's solution is best. once the limit is gone then collecting full golden is far easier, and less dependant on being able to login that day.

Not really.

If you dont turn in a ticket for said day, you miss out on getting them.

So having an ingame way of obtaining them would by far be better.

I mean then you wouldnt have to stress over the FOMO effect.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

26-Apr-2021 22:18:50

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Qwis7 said :
No support at all.

Agreed. The past couple of raffles were mired in controversy due to rigging (with the "fixes" applied in 2019's raffle failing to accomplish much of anything), and I feel reasonably confident in saying that this is a large part of the reason why Jagex washed their hands of it last year. Probably best to let it rest in peace, and move the prizes to other in-game activities that lack FOMO and can't be abused by naughty players.

Golden Warpriest and Godswords could come from hard mode GWD bosses, Golden Barrows could come from Rise of the Six, Golden Chaotics could be a rare drop from completing Daemonheim floors once you meet the requirements for them (with Hard Mode providing better chances, as there's not much reason to replay Hard Mode floors now that you can get better XP from Large Floors even if you solo), Deathtouched Darts and Proteans already have other ways of obtaining them, and Portable Deposit Boxes... well, those are the only ones I'm not sure about. Maybe let Bank Tellers sell them for a reasonably high price?

27-Apr-2021 07:36:44 - Last edited on 27-Apr-2021 07:48:17 by Vengeance of

Quick find code: 16-17-625-66211801 Back to Top